Rangers pull out of Sydney Super Cup

This really is quite simple;

in light of the court action today where CFC long history of child abuse is now subject to a class action case in the highest courts in our country, we will have absolutely nothing to do with them, we cancel our Oz games and call for the SPFL & SFA to suspend that rancid club until court action has completed. 

By the way our Castore range for cancelled tours is now available. 

I doubt any Aussies who aren't expats have even heard of the term 'Old Firm'.

I prefer calling it a derby, although this business in Sydney is exactly why the OF term was coined in the first place.

I hope there are big protests on Saturday.

Enjoyed last night's songbook more than the match.  😉

31 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Wouldnt surprise me if true in the slightest. Which makes the decision all the more bizarre. Whats the point in us getting an extra 5 million dingo dollars if they are getting 10?

Also, have the club had any assurances that the club staff and support will be free to leave the country in the event of any further COVID restrictions? Didn't Australia completely lock down and stop anyone from travelling in or out? This is quite important.

40 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I doubt any Aussies who aren't expats have even heard of the term 'Old Firm'.

I prefer calling it a derby, although this business in Sydney is exactly why the OF term was coined in the first place.

I hope there are big protests on Saturday.

Enjoyed last night's songbook more than the match.  😉

I will have and will always use the term Old Firm, even more so now that it gets it right up the dark side. 

The club really need to come out and reply to the fans or i can see a mass demonstration being organised for outside the front door about this outrages decision. I'm sure there are a few decision makers keeping their heads down hoping this will blow over and go away but it's never going to until our participation in Ange's homecoming barbie is reversed.

As for the songbook last night, i know you are :fish2: Gonzo but rather disappointing that there were more songs about shagging the pope than there were about the Rangers, don't you think?

The Tweet about the payment to ourselves and the scum for this farce seems to be a screenshot of an article from a dodgy site.  Who wrote it?  Where did they obtain this information?  

It's always good to get facts before losing the plot, I find.

Edited by Gonzo79

Like it or not there is a symbiotic relationship between the clubs which would be fractured in one or the other went out of business. The OF derby was once listed by 4-4-2 magazine as the 3rd most fierce in the world after Real-Barca and River-Independiente. I see this as a great marketing opportunity; we are not a fan-owned club (yet) - we are a commercial business.