Jump to content

 

 

Recommended Posts

Ok now that the leagues gone , the question must be asked ,will we learn from the mistakes made this year .

 

Now we live in a world where players and their agents have so much power and control , this is going to make recruitment and player trading very very awkward .Last preseason we simply didn’t recruit well enough , either because of over confidence or because we didn’t get bids that matched our valuations , this preseason I would argue most valuations will be lower which will not help . Our free transfer recruitment simply didn't pay off , Lundstram has only recently secured a starting berth and looks a first pick , Sakala is a lovely guy but no where near the standard we require , Ramsay and Diallo have been worse than useless .

 

So next season we will see umpteen first team players plus squad players leaving as their contracts are ending and are surplus to requirements , plus we need to sell at least 3 for decent money .

 

I don’t think the answer is sacking Ross Wilson as seems to be today’s common twitter answer , however he will need to really get this right , as will GVB .

 

The board lost massive backing over the “ friendly “ debacle , their handling of the 150 years celebrations hasn’t been great , and now losing the league , plus that mob can win another treble , something that was unthinkable at the start of the season .

 

 

oh Rangers how I love you , but there are times you simply break my heart .

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We signed five players in January ( including Souttar) 

None have made an impact as might have been expected 

That’s a big worry for me

I wouldn't include the loans - they were always going to be short-term signings. 

 

We've signed an unknown from NYC, a young Polish right back and a Scottish centre-half with injury problems. 

 

We are obviously skint so we're not going to buy big innthe summer. All our assets values have plummeted, so be interested to hear from the board how we are going to get the necessary income to wrestle the league back next season. 

 

However if we are completely honest, our current board are clueless, spineless and need replacing.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Over half a century supporting Rangers I’ve heard the same response to every setback and period of adversity- sell that player, fire that manager, sack that board. I heard it when we were winning trophies and I hear it now. In truth it’s almost never the right answer. I’m happy to go against the grain and say what we need now is unity and calm decision making …. It may not be enough to win the league next season but it will certainly achieve more than division, discontent and knee-jerk reactions. 

That may not have come across in my initial post , but your reply was what I was trying to imply . We simply need to do things better .

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

Over half a century supporting Rangers I’ve heard the same response to every setback and period of adversity- sell that player, fire that manager, sack that board. I heard it when we were winning trophies and I hear it now. In truth it’s almost never the right answer. I’m happy to go against the grain and say what we need now is unity and calm decision making …. It may not be enough to win the league next season but it will certainly achieve more than division, discontent and knee-jerk reactions. 

All well and good, but do you trust thus board to take us to the next level? Do you trust this manager to turn this decline around? 

 

Answer to both is a resounding NO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rbr said:

That may not have come across in my initial post , but your reply was what I was trying to imply . We simply need to do things better .

I also think it’s important not to get carried away in our disappointment. We clearly have problems at the moment but as far as I can see, nothing that’s beyond fixing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, CammyF said:

All well and good, but do you trust thus board to take us to the next level? Do you trust this manager to turn this decline around? 

 

Answer to both is a resounding NO. 

Cammy, you always seem to lose composure after a setback. It’s like you’re determined to make the suffering as bad as it can possibly be. Gio is the manager and will be the manager next season too. The board isn’t going anywhere either. I don’t have to think they’re all world beaters but I’d be a poor supporter if I couldn’t raise some optimism about the future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

Cammy, you always seem to lose composure after a setback. It’s like you’re determined to make the suffering as bad as it can possibly be. Gio is the manager and will be the manager next season too. The board isn’t going anywhere either. I don’t have to think they’re all world beaters but I’d be a poor supporter if I couldn’t raise some optimism about the future. 

As a Rangers fan I believe our club deserves the best. We are and always have been the standard setters, the team who played the correct way and who had leaders in the boardroom, in the managers office and on the pitch. 

 

I'll never apologies for wanting that to continue and I'll never apologies for criticising when we don't have the best people in place, and no matter how you dress it up, we don't have the best people in place at the moment. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course we deserve the best but we must remember the Manager/The Board etc. are not the ones on the field,they are the ones letting us down with their play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.