Jump to content

 

 

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Ally Robertson?

Yip - my Mums brother 🙂 from the same hamlet (hardly a village) as Colin Stein. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2022 at 13:12, Bill said:

It's Port Vale.

@Yorkie is on top of his footy trivia.

Isn't Port Vale the only club in the English league.. and possibly Scottish that is not named after a place, city or town? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Isn't Port Vale the only club in the English league.. and possibly Scottish that is not named after a place, city or town? 

Possibly in England

In Scotland there's St Johnstone, St Mirren, Ross County, QoS, East Fife, Albion Rovers???

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Possibly in England

In Scotland there's St Johnstone, St Mirren, Ross County, QoS, East Fife, Albion Rovers???

And St Johnstone were the only team to have the letter J.

Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

Possibly in England

In Scotland there's St Johnstone, St Mirren, Ross County, QoS, East Fife, Albion Rovers???

Arsenal? Surely they are not named after a geographical place? They started as Royal Arsenal and then they were Woolwich Arsenal but the Arsenal part doesn't relate to a geographical place. 

 

In Scotland there is the obvious ones...Rangers and Celtic. As well as St. Mirren and Albion Rovers. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Arsenal? Surely they are not named after a geographical place? They started as Royal Arsenal and then they were Woolwich Arsenal but the Arsenal part doesn't relate to a geographical place. 

 

In Scotland there is the obvious ones...Rangers and Celtic. As well as St. Mirren and Albion Rovers. 

👍

 

Hearts, Hibernian 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Arsenal? Surely they are not named after a geographical place? They started as Royal Arsenal and then they were Woolwich Arsenal but the Arsenal part doesn't relate to a geographical place. 

 

In Scotland there is the obvious ones...Rangers and Celtic. As well as St. Mirren and Albion Rovers. 

Yes i use Arsenal when i want to wind gooners up and even the Tube station Gillespie Road was renamed Arsenal. Yes Arsenal and Port Vale only in England i think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.