• 1 month later...
On 19/04/2022 at 16:18, ChelseaBoy said:

Try telling them they are the gypsies of London!! Three different grounds.. where next? 

Their last two stadia are BOTH better stadia than the shithole Chelsea call home :thup:

31 minutes ago, craig said:

Their last two stadia are BOTH better stadia than the shithole Chelsea call home :thup:

In November'71, I attended the Ron Chopper Harris testimonial at Stamford Bridge. Sandy Jardine scored a 30 yard worldy to secure a 0-1 victory for Rangers. The Bridge was a toilet.

In May'85, I was a Staff Officer at the Duke of Yorks Barracks(adjacent to the Royal Hospital) and attended the Bradford Fire Disaster Fund challenge match at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea. Rangers won 2-3 with goals from Durrant and McCoist. The Bridge was a three tier stand amid a toilet.

However, at least ordinary Chelsea fans could afford entry to the game. 

Chelsea's future resides with super fans like Jeremy Vine.

1 hour ago, craig said:

The Emirates is fast going out of date and they have had to refurb a number of areas. Would rather watch in a shithole than a corporate library anyday. :ffs:

18 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

The Emirates is fast going out of date and they have had to refurb a number of areas. Would rather watch in a shithole than a corporate library anyday. :ffs:

If the Emirates is fast going out of date then 80% of the Premier League are in for a shock expense with their stadia.  The only Premier league stadia built after Emirates are Spurs, Brentford and Brighton - West Ham if you include their loaned stadium. 

31 minutes ago, craig said:

If the Emirates is fast going out of date then 80% of the Premier League are in for a shock expense with their stadia.  The only Premier league stadia built after Emirates are Spurs, Brentford and Brighton - West Ham if you include their loaned stadium. 

I never include the Spanners in anything :) Chelsea will follow the Liverpool and Newcastle models and develop on the existing site without having to move and avoiding the 1bn debt that the Spuds have run up. I'd settle for a 52k capacity which should be possible as the club now owns much of the surrounding area which was the cause of us having to look at alternative sites in the past. 

1 hour ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I never include the Spanners in anything :) Chelsea will follow the Liverpool and Newcastle models and develop on the existing site without having to move and avoiding the 1bn debt that the Spuds have run up. I'd settle for a 52k capacity which should be possible as the club now owns much of the surrounding area which was the cause of us having to look at alternative sites in the past. 

Club loyalty aside, I think of the "top" clubs in England, Chelsea are alone in playing their football in a pig pen. The decision to do so has protected their finances compared with the other London clubs but they can't go on ignoring their stadium requirements forever ... or the cost that'll be involved. It's a dilemma for the new owner.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Club loyalty aside, I think of the "top" clubs in England, Chelsea are alone in playing their football in a pig pen. The decision to do so has protected their finances compared with the other London clubs but they can't go on ignoring their stadium requirements forever ... or the cost that'll be involved. It's a dilemma for the new owner.

I believe that was included in the requirements each set of bidders had to account for.

The purchase of significant tracts of land including the Sir Oswald Stoll Mansions will allow scope for developing one end of the ground at a time, while still playing. The new West Stand is fine, the old East and two ends will be rebuilt one at a time to conform with the West Stand as per Liverpool and Newcastle upbuilds.

This will cost a fraction of Spurs and mean the railway line which runs behind the ground will not need to be moved reducing cost. No Chelsea fan would swap either Spurs, Arsenals or the West Ham athletic stadium for the last 25 or so years... inc the 5 before Abramovich's arrival where Viallis and Gullits teams started wining. 

On 26/05/2022 at 13:27, ChelseaBoy said:

I believe that was included in the requirements each set of bidders had to account for.

The purchase of significant tracts of land including the Sir Oswald Stoll Mansions will allow scope for developing one end of the ground at a time, while still playing. The new West Stand is fine, the old East and two ends will be rebuilt one at a time to conform with the West Stand as per Liverpool and Newcastle upbuilds.

This will cost a fraction of Spurs and mean the railway line which runs behind the ground will not need to be moved reducing cost. No Chelsea fan would swap either Spurs, Arsenals or the West Ham athletic stadium for the last 25 or so years... inc the 5 before Abramovich's arrival where Viallis and Gullits teams started wining. 

Might cost a fraction of the Spurs build - but will also look like a steaming pile of shite.  Stamford Bridge might very well be the worst stadium in the top half of the EPL.  It is literally a shithole.  And no matter how you try to dress it up it will always be a pig in lipstick.