Jump to content

 

 

Recommended Posts

https://www.politico.eu/article/liz-truss-nato-taiwan-protect/

 

Apparently Liz Truss is talking about NATO extending to the pacific ocean now.

 

Given that she has no serious thoughts of her own we can safely assume that she is just repeating a line given to her by our masters.

 

If only the U.K. was a sovereign country. Then we could drop this madness. As it is we will spend the rest of our lives being propagandised about deadly threats in the Pacific.

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

https://www.politico.eu/article/liz-truss-nato-taiwan-protect/

 

Apparently Liz Truss is talking about NATO extending to the pacific ocean now.

 

Given that she has no serious thoughts of her own we can safely assume that she is just repeating a line given to her by our masters.

 

If only the U.K. was a sovereign country. Then we could drop this madness. As it is we will spend the rest of our lives being propagandised about deadly threats in the Pacific.

With the size of our military we would be lucky to extend to the Solway Firth  which by the way is looking delightful this morning .

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem for who? Its not a problem for us, the 5 eyes or the other members. Agree its a problem for the likes of Russia and China who think its still 1000 years ago and invading other nations with military forces and murdering innocent civilians is cool.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

https://www.politico.eu/article/liz-truss-nato-taiwan-protect/

 

Apparently Liz Truss is talking about NATO extending to the pacific ocean now.

 

Given that she has no serious thoughts of her own we can safely assume that she is just repeating a line given to her by our masters.

 

If only the U.K. was a sovereign country. Then we could drop this madness. As it is we will spend the rest of our lives being propagandised about deadly threats in the Pacific.

We need the benevolent Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin to de-natzifi us from these NATO imperialist aggressors and bring freedom and democracy to these isles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The problem for who? Its not a problem for us, the 5 eyes or the other members. Agree its a problem for the likes of Russia and China who think its still 1000 years ago and invading other nations with military forces and murdering innocent civilians is cool.

That is very much the problem of the West and NATO. Some rather strange, blown-out-of-all-proportion`s view about those who are not "us" or "like us", spiced with some equally hyped up potential-danger-to-us hysteria that simply is not there but very much suits the agenda. While calmly ignoring both the view-point of said threatening nations as well as one`s own interventions and attacks these last 50odd years - including large scale crimes of war and de facto genocides. But should the Russians or Chinese even look after their own, hell breaks loose and the "free world" is in danger. Aye right.

 

It is all about perspective and some can`t look beyond their own.

Edited by der Berliner
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

That is very much the problem of the West and NATO. Some rather strange, blown-out-of-all-proportion`s view about those who are not "us" or "like us", spiced with some equally hyped up potential-danger-to-us hysteria that simply is not there but very much suits the agenda. While calmly ignoring both the view-point of said threatening nations as well as one`s own interventions and attacks these last 50odd years - including large scale crimes of war and de facto genocides. But should the Russians or Chinese even look after their own, hell breaks loose and the "free world" is in danger. Aye right.

 

It is all about perspective and some can`t look beyond their own.

The arrogance 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

That is very much the problem of the West and NATO. Some rather strange, blown-out-of-all-proportion`s view about those who are not "us" or "like us", spiced with some equally hyped up potential-danger-to-us hysteria that simply is not there but very much suits the agenda. While calmly ignoring both the view-point of said threatening nations as well as one`s own interventions and attacks these last 50odd years - including large scale crimes of war and de facto genocides. But should the Russians or Chinese even look after their own, hell breaks loose and the "free world" is in danger. Aye right.

 

It is all about perspective and some can`t look beyond their own.

Mirror, mirror on the wall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"NATO is the problem" 

It's disappointing to see people enter the realm of fantasy, from which few ever seem to return. Apologists for fascists in the Kremlin remind me of ScotNats who constantly ignore the growing disaster around them so they can maintain a quasi-religious tribal allegiance.

 

It's quite clear. Nato is not the problem. Nato might be a problem and it certainly has problems delivering its remit. It definitely has a problem with lack of robust commitment from some of its member states. But it is not in any shape or fashion the problem.

 

The problem is a Russian dictatorship that commits acts or war without the consent of the international community or its own population and repeatedly threatens the rest of the continent with nuclear holocaust. The problem is a totalitarian Russia that land-grabs its neighbours' territory and commits war crimes with impunity.

 

The point about perspective is absolutely correct. You can either adopt the perspective of imperfect western democracies or you can choose to see the world from the perspective of totalitarian states like Russia or China. It's a free choice of course but exercising that choice in itself makes standing beside Putin even more ridiculous.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The problem for who? Its not a problem for us, the 5 eyes or the other members. Agree its a problem for the likes of Russia and China who think its still 1000 years ago and invading other nations with military forces and murdering innocent civilians is cool.

I consider it to be a problem for everyone. There are particular reasons to consider it a problem for us and the poor people that end up acting as proxies.

 

At the most basic level we are causing proxy conflict with nuclear armed nations. That can enter into an unpredictable series of escalations and can end in multiple nuclear exchanges. I don't think anything in the Ukraine is worth that risk for Britain. Same is true for Taiwan or any of the nearby rocks.

 

It has clearly been a problem for the poor people in the Ukraine. It will become a problem for whoever it is that our masters want to back in Asia too. I think that when you back a side, in a proxy war, you will increase, or prolong, the suffering of the people living there.

 

Pointing to the behaviour of countries like Russia and China doesn't justify it either. Britain and the U.S.A. to name only two, have invaded nations with military force and left a trail of dead civilians behind. See Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan (Two of those are N.A.T.O. misadventures). Sad to say it but the West is not on a sincere moral crusade.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.