Wasn't too bothered if he stayed or not. Good distribution and shut out Bellend on his OF debut. A good start:) I wish him well in the rest of his career. Who do we reckon we'll get in now as a replacement? we're probably going to need two new keepers now imo

I think Ron is the keeper people love to hate. PSV tried to replace him many times, but he always seemed to do better than his counterparts. With Rangers it was the same in the way he kept Klos out. He is a world class keeper but nobody wants to see it.

I think Ron is the keeper people love to hate. PSV tried to replace him many times, but he always seemed to do better than his counterparts. With Rangers it was the same in the way he kept Klos out. He is a world class keeper but nobody wants to see it.

The only way he did better than Klos was not to get injured... Other than that he's been our worst no. 1 goalie since Souness came - and maybe not so coincidently, his only full season with us - was the first time we finished lower than second since Souness.

In the season where they both played, I make it that Klos let in 11 SPL goals in 23 games, whereas Waterreus let in 11 SPL goals in 14 games. I don't see how that is doing better than his counterpart.

Agreed Calscot, Klos comanded the defence much better and i would assume the defence had much more confidence knowing Der Goalie was behind them than Ron.

Im not saying Ron was a bad keeper and us Bears have been used to outstanding keepers for years now, but he just didnt match up anywhere near Klos.