Jump to content

 

 

Recommended Posts

This winter looks like being Discontent++, if we are lucky.

 

If we do our best to make sure the war in the Ukraine continues, it may all go completely t1ts up and we can start again.

 

It is almost as if they want it to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

My stocks and shares ISA is down 13%. Much pain.

The pension funds getting hit is going to be very bad.

It might be a while before it comes back ... or it might not (be a while). In any case you know what they say ... it's only a loss if you have to sell. The real victims are those already drawing a pension now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/06/2022 at 06:15, Bill said:

It might be a while before it comes back ... or it might not (be a while). In any case you know what they say ... it's only a loss if you have to sell. The real victims are those already drawing a pension now.

The Fed and ECB are already back to their old games.

 

Fund injections to create the illusion of market health.

 

They tried the verified method of currency contraction but the game is so rigged it would have crashed the markets.

 

2008 has come and gone...'market methadone' via currency contraction will no longer work.

 

Expect rallies to continue as FED & ECB injections continue.

 

That is until inflation, growth, and producer price figures are released again...market down...liquidity injections...increased inflation...ad nausea.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One possible approach you might consider in periods of high volatility like this is the slightly riskier CFD (Contracts For Difference) route, whereby you can bet on prices falling as well as rising. You have to be one smart and committed cookie to trade CFD's on your own but there are brokers around who will take much of the risk away by doing this for you and only charge a % on you profits alone. 

 

There are no guarantees but people have been making a lot of money as markets have fallen, while the rest of us have sat and watched our value go down the drain. Just a thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

One possible approach you might consider in periods of high volatility like this is the slightly riskier CFD (Contracts For Difference) route, whereby you can bet on prices falling as well as rising. You have to be one smart and committed cookie to trade CFD's on your own but there are brokers around who will take much of the risk away by doing this for you and only charge a % on you profits alone. 

 

There are no guarantees but people have been making a lot of money as markets have fallen, while the rest of us have sat and watched our value go down the drain. Just a thought.

Sounds as reckless as spread betting will the brokers be taking a % of the losses. 

Best keep your money in a stout box under the bed within reach of the gun cabinet for now😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, compo said:

Sounds as reckless as spread betting will the brokers be taking a % of the losses. 

Best keep your money in a stout box under the bed within reach of the gun cabinet for now😉

Sound advice

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bill said:

One possible approach you might consider in periods of high volatility like this is the slightly riskier CFD (Contracts For Difference) route, whereby you can bet on prices falling as well as rising. You have to be one smart and committed cookie to trade CFD's on your own but there are brokers around who will take much of the risk away by doing this for you and only charge a % on you profits alone. 

 

There are no guarantees but people have been making a lot of money as markets have fallen, while the rest of us have sat and watched our value go down the drain. Just a thought.

Options trading? 

 

In high volatility? 

 

How do you fit through the door with them nuts? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Options trading? 

 

In high volatility? 

 

How do you fit through the door with them nuts? 

Me? You’ve got to be kidding. I wouldn’t touch it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another God awful day in the markets. Pretty soon those savings and pension funds will be stripped bare and all that most of us can do is stand and watch it happen. There's almost no defence.

 

Perhaps Bitcoin has some attraction after all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.