3 hours ago, buster. said:

The Special Relationship.

They tell us what they want, we do it.

If there is a special relationship, it only exists in the minds of a few politicians and probably the DM. The widely reported Harry Dunn case would have killed off any lingering thoughts about any so called special relationship in many people. Their reaction to a trade deal since Brexit, their reaction to Brexit and ignorance of the GFA were additional clues to any that needed it. 

The US blows hot and cold on the UK, and i'd suggest most people in this country feel the same way about them.  

20 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

If there is a special relationship, it only exists in the minds of a few politicians and probably the DM. The widely reported Harry Dunn case would have killed off any lingering thoughts about any so called special relationship in many people. Their reaction to a trade deal since Brexit, their reaction to Brexit and ignorance of the GFA were additional clues to any that needed it. 

The US blows hot and cold on the UK, and i'd suggest most people in this country feel the same way about them.  

Yes, it is a myth, or at least how it tends to be sold.

However, there is an important relationship with one side dominant and the other, generally subservient.

Regarding the extradition of Arrange. I don't think it was just about the US dictating over the UK. My opinion is that the UK were very much on board with it and the message it sends out. 

Had they not been on board with it, I wonder if we'd have stood up for our own legal process,... perhaps.

Doubt if he can afford decent legal representation that put6him behind the eight ball in America obscene wealth buys you justice so it looks like he's up the swanee 

11 minutes ago, compo said:

Doubt if he can afford decent legal representation that put6him behind the eight ball in America obscene wealth buys you justice so it looks like he's up the swanee 

He has no chance even if Perry Mason makes a comeback and partners Donald Findlay.

The verdict was decided a long time ago. 

Telling the Truth comes with a 175 year sentence over by..... whilst in the UK we have the Queen knighting war criminals.

Edited by buster.