An end to animal farming

11 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

George Monbiot has been an opinion columnist at the guardian

Interesting how much sway journalists have on various subject matters despite having absolutely no skills or experience in those sectors. Its a wonder they have not yet managed to cure various terminal illnesses. So smart.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Fresh from his battle against COVID by pushing vaccines Bill Gates is buying up loads of farmland and producing heavily processed plant based products that imitate meat. All hail our hero and saviour.

I've heard this but I have no idea if it is true.

If true then it must warp the market.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't really fancy tarantula stir-fry or cockroach omelette for tea. 

What gets me the most about this whole plan is we are to believe the most nutrient dense foods like meat, eggs and dairy must not be produced due to carbon footprint but produce with no nutritional value like cola drinks, confectionery, crisps, cakes and biscuits are absolutely fine. Importing apples from South Africa and avocado from South America,

ramen noodles from Asia is fine apparently.

I have yet to see a compelling argument that debunks the fact that moving to a more locally sourced food chain and away from heavily manufactured global products won’t resolve this issue, in fact it seems to be the opposite. Let’s manufacture fake meat and fake dairy.

11 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Interesting how much sway journalists have on various subject matters despite having absolutely no skills or experience in those sectors. Its a wonder they have not yet managed to cure various terminal illnesses. So smart.

They only have sway among themselves. I wonder if anyone has ever done something because a Monbiot or similar thinks it’s a good idea.

12 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Interesting how much sway journalists have on various subject matters despite having absolutely no skills or experience in those sectors. ...

36 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

They only have sway among themselves. I wonder if anyone has ever done something because a Monbiot or similar thinks it’s a good idea.

Don't agonise over a causal relationship.

To me this is just an indication of what a certain subset of society think.

I think that many are going to be surprised by the kind of measures that lie ahead.

8 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

To me this is just an indication of what a certain subset of society think.

I think that many are going to be surprised by the kind of measures that lie ahead.

Seems to be quite common that small special interest groups push their ideals successfully onto wider society these days.

Feels like a 'tail wagging the dog' scenario.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Seems to be quite common that small special interest groups push their ideals successfully onto wider society these days.

Feels like a 'tail wagging the dog' scenario.

Which takes us back to questions about democracy.

What difference would it make to keep voting for the blue team under such circumstances?