Apparently, Glen Middleton is on the cusp of a permanent move to Dundee United. When he was Gaffer at Hibs, Jack Ross had Middleton on loan and they will reunite at Tannadice. I believe there is a modest transfer fee involved?

I was impressed by Glen's pace and I thought away Euro games suited him best. I remember him notching a good goal in Villarreal. He made 15 appearances, scoring 2 goals for Rangers. In the last three seasons he has wracked up nearly 50 appearances on loan at Hibs Bradford and, St Johnstone. Further, he has been capped internationally from under 16 level to under 21 - nearly 60 appearances.

Ryan Kent is a difficult player to depose but, I cannot think of Glen being on the Rangers bench in the last couple of years. As stated, he has pace; I wonder why we could not find the player?

I wish him well at Tannadice although he has my every sympathy having to deal regularly with former University of Dundee Rectum, Jum Spence. 

Aye, there was certainly a lot of potential there but I think the lad seemed to struggle with the defensive side which pushed him towards the exit door.

Good luck to him!

There is real ability in there and it wouldn't surprise me if he were to do very well with Dundee United.

His corner kick/set-play delivery is excellent.

#sell-on25%

Edited by buster.

I have it on good authority that as well as the modest transfer fee, Rangers are also supplying a bag of footballs, as part of the deal.

Apparently, United seem to unfathomably lose quite a few when a certain team from Glasgow visits? 🤔

Took 331 minutes but a Scottish side finally scored in European competition this season and it was Glen Middleton who scored the winner for Dundee Utd in a 1-0 victory, at home to AZ Alkmaar.