Why is the SNP so bad at governing?

8 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Given the size of the organisation, its inevitable that they will make mistakes.  But its how they respond to them I take issue with.  All too often they close ranks, deny, deflect, double down, etc.  However I don't think it reveals them as having an especially left bias.  I think its more likely that individuals/groups find issue with their pet subjects getting/not getting aired and then fire off into an endless confirmation bias loop.

Everyone is entitled to see the BBC in whatever light they choose. The real issue is being forced to pay for it if you don’t like it and actively avoid watching or listening to it. I don’t agree with similarly biased nonsense in the Guardian but no one taxes me to ensure it is always published tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Everyone is entitled to see the BBC in whatever light they choose. The real issue is being forced to pay for it if you don’t like it and actively avoid watching or listening to it. I don’t agree with similarly biased nonsense in the Guardian but no one taxes me to ensure it is always published tomorrow. 

Yes - hence my issue with how they respond to complaints. 

2 hours ago, stewarty said:

Yes - hence my issue with how they respond to complaints. 

Your point was a good one and well made but, personally, I'm not too interested in complaints to the BBC or how they react. If people disagree with the BBC's stance or delivery then the correct response is to avoid it like the plague. The BBC no longer winds me up because I avoid watch it or listening to it ... and I long ago stopped paying the TV licence tax.

56 minutes ago, compo said:

It won’t matter how bad they get a wee freebie here and a wee freebie there and they will be in power for many more years 

That suggests the assumption of intellectual and moral superiority that underpins the nationalist proposition may not, after all, be credible. How could nation that we're repeatedly assured is the cradle of invention and enlightenment possibly be bought and sold in such large numbers for cheap trinkets and broken promises?

19 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

No one is suggesting that, but they and the governor general have apologised for their lack of impartiality on many subjects . It is so obvious somethimes that only a fool would not recognise it. Buster. 

I don't really think either of us are fools, CB.

I reckon it is partly to do with what Gonzo touched upon regarding what one identifies as coming under the label of Left Wing. If these differ, we can both be right, within our own perception of what left wing means.

As far as the establishment's perception is concerned, they will only worry about and/or act when their interests/staus quo are threatened (by whoever). Your BLM, LBTQ, etc might ruffle feathers but it is the more substantial issues like the economy and foreign policy that may push them to act.