Are we in a state of decline or a state of progress?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are we in a state of decline or a state of progress?

I'd say over 50% of the British population think 'a lot' is one word.  That's a lotAs well as that, the percentage who think 'as well' is one word is about the same.  

A telling example of just how thick society is.  

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd say over 50% of the British population think 'a lot' is one word.  That's a lotAs well as that, the percentage who think 'as well' is one word is about the same.  

Wot u talkin bout? 

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

In that respect, do you think Gersnet is representative of society as a whole?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

In that respect, do you think Gersnet is representative of society as a whole?

I think the level of intelligence here is generally a fair bit better than I see in the real world.  That's why I read and post on Gersnet.

40 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think the level of intelligence here is generally a fair bit better than I see in the real world.  That's why I read and post on Gersnet.

Your assumption being that you’re above average intelligence 🤣

10 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

You would of thought so wouldn't you? 

• 2 weeks later...

That we provide undocumented illegal migrants better accommodation than, say for instance, our armed troops were given during the Falklands conflict, nearly 40 years ago, shows how far things have come.  Progress. 

Not that the illegal migrants appreciate it, mind you...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66444120

"Some of the first group of men to board the Bibby Stockholm have described their first 24 hours on the barge.

One asylum seeker told the BBC it was like a prison, and felt it there wasn't enough room to accommodate up to 500 people onboard, as the government plans."

Where are the women?  Surely, where there's war or oppression, any decent man would ensure the women and children get out first?  

23 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

That we provide undocumented illegal migrants better accommodation than, say for instance, our armed troops were given during the Falklands conflict, nearly 40 years ago, shows how far things have come.  Progress. 

Not that the illegal migrants appreciate it, mind you...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66444120

"Some of the first group of men to board the Bibby Stockholm have described their first 24 hours on the barge.

One asylum seeker told the BBC it was like a prison, and felt it there wasn't enough room to accommodate up to 500 people onboard, as the government plans."

Where are the women?  Surely, where there's war or oppression, any decent man would ensure the women and children get out first?  

Its just a sideshow. Another 500 have arrived in Kent since they sent a few to this barge.