Ally McCoist - future Rangers manager?

It's possible that he'll become the next Rangers manager when WS steps down. What's your opinions on him, playing career aside? Has he got the tactical knowledge to be a successful manager? Personally, the jury is still out for me. There's no doubting he brings character to the dressing room but is that enough to bring success to a team?

He's got the ideal mentor to learn off. WS is a very successful manager and which can only benefit McCoist in the long-term but would it be better if McCoist goes it alone at another club as manager before he steps into the Rangers hot seat?

Opinions please.

I watched that film of his the other night with Robert Duvall & Michael Keaton. Safe to say he should stay in Football and NOT act !!!

Did watty bring in him back to Ibrox because of the psychological affect he would have on a club and players that were at their wits end after the PLG disaster? A scottish, fun loving Ibrox legend.

An appointment that would surely lift the spirits of any down trodden club. Especially the Glasgow Rangers.

I'm not sure how fair this next comment is, because coisty for all i know could be a great coach in the making. To me and probably alot of players, especially scottish ones. He will always be 'one of the lads'. Proper focus and the kind of respect a top manager requires and demands from players could be a stumbling block for coisty at Rangers.

Future manager or not. He's a legend and i'm glad he's at Ibrox.:cheers: