Yahoos signing Haksabanovic from Ruben Kaza

18 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

If there’s a trade embargo with Russia how did they manage to pay a transfer fee & sign the player?

I’m not saying rules might not have been broken, just that I can’t see it’s Celtic’s fault. If I buy a car that’s in contravention of emission rules, it’s the manufacturer that gets fined and no one asks me to return the car or stop driving it. If the SFA registered the player and the Home Office granted a work permit then so long as Celtic pay up per the contract then it’s hard to see what they did wrong. Unless I’m missing something of course 

On 17/12/2022 at 16:09, Bill said:

I’m not saying rules might not have been broken, just that I can’t see it’s Celtic’s fault. If I buy a car that’s in contravention of emission rules, it’s the manufacturer that gets fined and no one asks me to return the car or stop driving it. If the SFA registered the player and the Home Office granted a work permit then so long as Celtic pay up per the contract then it’s hard to see what they did wrong. Unless I’m missing something of course 

Don’t you think questions should be getting asked about this transfer though?

The Norkopping chairman certainly seems to think so

5 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Don’t you think questions should be getting asked about this transfer though?

The Norkopping chairman certainly seems to think so

Since he seems to be the one who is out of pocket then I'm not surprised he's complaining. But again, if a work permit was needed (was it?) and it was granted then it would appear that the UK govt sanction the deal. I'd have thought the Swedes would need to take this to FIFA to get it sorted out. There's clearly a problem, I just don't see it's up to Celtic to solve it. I hope I'm wrong though.

On 17/12/2022 at 12:09, Bill said:

Yeah but in this case Bill it is a little different I think as this could very well have fallen under international governmental sanctions.  Obviously a different industry but we insure a bunch of assets in sanctioned countries and we simply arent allowed to send any money to those sanctioned countries.  So if they have a bona fide insurance claim we still can't send them their claim payment.

That said, Celtic could very well have received government permission to make payment as a one-off situation.

I agree in that I doubt Celtic will have any issues with this - the issues will be between Rubin Kazan and the former club. 

During the summer Chelsea tried to sign Arsen Zakharyan from Moscow Dynamo but couldn’t transfer the funds to the Russian club due to sanctions.

So did the yahoos manage to transfer funds to Ruben Kazan for the transfer of Haksabanovic?

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

During the summer Chelsea tried to sign Arsen Zakharyan from Moscow Dynamo but couldn’t transfer the funds to the Russian club due to sanctions

Were these sanctions in place because of the owner though?.

Edited by MacK1950
spelling