2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I have sat for a couple of hours contemplating whether I should make this post and, what forum would be most appropriate. I decided I would submit the article because genuinely, I would like to know the answer. Further, since most Gersnetters will be familiar with the names and, their continuing actions against Rangers and Rangers supporters; Rangers Chat is suitable.

Today in the Herald, Kevin McKenna utilises his weekly column to lionise the Parish Priest of the Immaculate Conception church in Maryhill, Glasgow. Father James Lawlor has bucked the trend of falling congregation numbers by standing up alongside some of his parishioners who are fighting the Home Office's attempts to deport their families. Certainly, it is a story worth telling. Kevin has been prominent in both the written and broadcast press in Scotland these last 35 years. The Priest's name also rang a bell?

Kevin McKenna was Editor of ra Sellik View back in the years straddling the late 80s - early 90s. He widened the blatt's remit including political and social aspects. A German TV crew came to Glasgow to talk matters, 'Old Firm'. They invited a dozen or so interested parties from both sides of the divide to attend a social evening in a club off Royal Exchange Square. Apparently, Kevin trapped late in a tired and emotional state. There is no apparent about the next part, he was recorded saying such niceties as, "the IRA bombing of the Enniskillen Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday was a legitimate act of war" and, "protestants breed like rabbits". Kevin's slurred outpourings appeared on the front page of the Sun and he was allowed to resign his Editorship by Sellik.

Twelve civilians died in the blast, another 63 were injured at Enniskillen Cenotaph on November 8th, 1987. A 40 pound bomb inside a grip bad was laid against the gable wall of the town's reading rooms, immediately adjacent to the memorial. When detonated, stone and masonry showered the waiting crowd. The ensuing scenes of folks clawing at the rubble and debris were truly heartbreaking.

A couple of years after resignation, Kevin resurfaced at Scotland on Sunday. He went on to be Sports Editor and brought in Graham Spiers and Kevin McCarra. One was a real talent, the other a Useful Idiot. It was the up and up for Kevin, he went on to the Herald as part of the triumvirate of Mark Douglas-Home and Joan McAlpine, then the Observer, ................. Herald Columnist. His caring wing for aspiring Journos of the right character continues; he is Godfather to Angela Haggerty's son. Kevin has traveled a most successful road since his days at Glasgow Uni' organising and playing for his second favourite team, 'the Vatican Strollers'.

Father Jim Lawlor began his journey thirty-odd years past at Our Lady of Fatima in Dalmarnock, Glasgow. Half a mile from Sellik park and his life was a misery. The church was regularly vandalised and he was threatened. The Police advised he should remove his clerical collar whilst moving around his parish. Father Jim had an outlet for his frustrations, ra Sellik View provided the necessary. Dalmarnock was under heavy reconstruction and declining population lead to the closure of Father Jim's church. The preparation for the Commonwealth Games was not all bad, ra Sellik were beneficiaries of Glasgow District Council selling off Dalriada Street, Kinloch Street and, Janefield Street to the club, for a Penny(one pence).

Father Jim reappeared in Penilee at Our Lady and St George. Like Kevin, he made the front page of the Sun. Two elderly female parishioners let themselves into the church of a Sunday evening, with the intention of cleaning. They found Father Jim, naked from the waist down atop the altar, bouncing on a vibrating dildo. Father Jim resigned and retreated to a Retreat for contemplation and prayer. The Police submitted a report to the PF and it  quietly submerged. Now, Father James has reversed the half century trend of declining congregations. As stated, a story worth telling and the usual suspect, Jum Spence is re-Tweeting the miracle.

I know, I know, it is that old thing about message and messenger(s); but I do not want to evoke the word, 'shoot'. Unless, someone wants to do the natural whilst pointing a camera at all concerned. While they are at it, tell me how do they do it?

Currently, we have a similar situation with Kyle Lafferty and Martin Compston. At best, Kyle could be described as a Clown. Whether it is teenagers at a service station throwing stones which he threw back or, uttering sectarian remarks to a chap requesting a selfie? Beeb Scotland wanted Kyle done and the story was kept alive by the likes of RAB Cosgrove regularly demanding to know, what the football authorities were doing? Actually, not nearly as many times as he told us(the listeners) how big(BIG) a friend, 'BIG KEV' is to the show'; "oh aye, big Kevin is a regular listener to the show". It is like Gerry Braiden, Irvine welsh, Jum, Angela, ...... etc - big listener means big contributor by proxy.

Lafferty has just finished a ten game ban, he has lost both appearance and bonus monies. If that is the way to go, what has happened to Martin Compston? Did RAB or any of those others mentioned demand action be taken after Martin conducted the balaclava choir in Las Vegas at ra Sellik convention? This month alone, Martin has appeared on BBC Scotland in Mayflies, Travels Across Scotland and, Rig. I will ask again, how do they do it?

One set of rules for us, another set of rules for them. That’s how they do it. 
And BBC PQ will only change when the licence fee is scrapped 

Edited by RANGERRAB

6 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

One set of rules for us, another set of rules for them. That’s how they do it.
And BBC PQ will only change when the licence fee is scrapped 

The licence fee is going nowhere.

It makes no difference though as that's not how you can change B.B.C. P.Q. anyway.

9 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I will ask again, how do they do it?

At its base, beyond the current more receptive political environment (for them), they are generally much better at the game than we are. I think that in part, it comes from a rebellious culture that comes naturally to them, whilst generally, we are too tunnel visioned and unimaginative.

(I say we, if we are talking about the football side of things but when it comes to religion, I haven't time for any)

From the 80s onwards they were quite open about their intentions to infiltrate the press, the judicial system, politics etc.  

The biggest issue is we don't fixate the way they do.  Most of us can compartmentalise the different parts of our lives but they see everything through Celtc/RC/Oirish tinted spectacles.  

12 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

At best, Kyle could be described as a Clown. Whether it is teenagers at a service station throwing stones which he threw back or, uttering sectarian remarks to a chap requesting a selfie?

I think that's a bit harsh on Lafferty.  The chap didn't only request a selfie, he said something to provoke Lafferty's response.  

It's a strange old world where promoting a terror group is deemed more acceptable than calling a ****** a ******.  

Edited by Gonzo79

4 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

The licence fee is going nowhere.

It makes no difference though as that's not how you can change B.B.C. P.Q. anyway.

It’s the licence fee funding which allows BBC PQ to employ whoever they want producing nonsense like Sportsound. Withdraw that & they’ll need to get funding from the real commercial world. Different ball game altogether 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

From the 80s onwards they were quite open about their intentions to infiltrate the press, the judicial system, politics etc.  

The biggest issue is we don't fixate the way they do.  Most of us can compartmentalise the different parts of our lives but they see everything through Celtc/RC/Oirish tinted spectacles.  

And it looks like they succeeded