A large swathe of the middle class, liberal-minded including almost all of the Church of Scotland are so desperate to demonstrate their middle of the road, liberal-mindedness that they want to be seen to distinguish themselves from the more robust elements of Protestantism and Unionism and by so distinguishing themselves, they have become aligned with Roman Catholicism and Separatism.

What I can never understand is why they get so upset about flutes and banners and sashes but blowing people to smithereens is somehow neither to be condoned nor condemned but is understandable and almost justifiable for two hundred years old historical reasons.

About twenty years ago there was a match of shame at Ibrox. Lennon was ordered off, O’Neil made a fool of himself and what else? Oh, celtic lost. The Labour micks then in power went loco at Holyrood on the Monday. A prominent Liberal-Democrat MSP for a leafy Edinburgh constituency joined in and became their useful idiot in the storm against Rangers and by some weird extension Orangeism although the Loyal Order as such had not been present at the match.

I wrote to the Liberal drawing attention to a little bit of history in general and celtic history in particular and asked him if he had considered these aspects. He was good enough to reply confessing his ignorance which astonished me because he was a highly educated man. What astonished me more, though, was his insistence that it didn’t matter because Protestant sectarianism and by association Unionism constituted  the greater current problem and had to be dealt with.  How liberal is that?

As commented on by others, their PR, their propaganda and their adherence to their objectives are better. We should be demanding that Union MPs and MSPs be more determined in their beliefs. There may be signs of that starting. They should be more united in their Unionism but I don’t see Labour committing themselves to that.

With regard to Father Lawlor why is the Kirk not publicly expressing disgust and disbelief at his appointment? Forgiveness and redemption are admirable but in most cases futile. Is the Kirk afraid that by calling out the man it will be seen to be attacking his faith? If it can’t manage to rebut that argument it’s not up to much.

There are lots of aspects of Roman Catholicism that can be justifiably criticised and often are in other parts of the world.  

It shows how far things have swung when in what was one of the most overtly Protestant nations, you're labelled a bigot for doing it here in Scotland.   

Do a wee bit of historical research or if you can't be bothered just watch Spotlight and you'll have plenty of evidence against the abomination that is the Vatican.  

5 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

It's good to have another post describing the hierarchy.

We are at the bottom. Somebody else is at the top.

I wonder if anybody out there is willing, and able, to do anything about it.

This reminds me of something I heard an ex CIA agent say during an interview. He was asked which foreign intelligence service was the biggest threat. He replied the French are brilliant with organisation and technology. The Mossad are frighteningly ruthless and brutal. But the biggest threat was the Chinese.

His logic was that any Chinese national anywhere in the world was a potential candidate for CCP intelligence at any time. Even if they had no experience in intelligence or no real political leanings.

If the call came from from the CCP the individual would feel obligated and a sense of national pride to get involved and help the motherland.

This might sound ridiculous, but I believe people in the UK and wider who have an Irish Republican ancestry and in particular strong links to their church behave in a similar manner, and would always put that pseudo identity ahead of any other values they may have. Which is why we have the scenario we do now. Obviously the continued  coverup of the child abuse stuff is a case in point. We are also seeing multiple examples of Irish republican leaning individuals being charged with crimes and especially the football related ones avoiding prosecution on a technicality (the hanging blow up dolls at parkhead) or just getting generally lenient sentencing. When you look at some of the senior figures in Scot’s law and the political landscape it appears they have similar leanings it comes as no surprise. 

We don’t have that similar pseudo identity, or the perceived persecution they brainwashed themselves with which drives them to such actions.

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

It’s the licence fee funding which allows BBC PQ to employ whoever they want producing nonsense like Sportsound. Withdraw that & they’ll need to get funding from the real commercial world. Different ball game altogether 

I agree but it isn't going to happen.

Most Rangers supporters would demolish Ibrox rather than live without an idiot box.

On 13/01/2023 at 21:03, 26th of foot said:

Two elderly female parishioners let themselves into the church of a Sunday evening, with the intention of cleaning. They found Father Jim, naked from the waist down atop the altar, bouncing on a vibrating dildo.

LOL!!!

Now that's funny.

That vow of celibacy business doesn't draw normal folks to the cause.

It's not just the Catholics either.

Mrs. is a Buddhist.

Says they have the same problem....always have.

Senior Monks diddlin novice monks (7-15).

Ya just can't take a man, and expect that from him.

You're just gonna attract weirdos and cats with all kinds of mental baggage. 

Then old ladies lookin to light some candles, and clean some floors get scarred for life.

12 hours ago, Malangsob said:

LOL!!!

Now that's funny.

That vow of celibacy business doesn't draw normal folks to the cause.

It's not just the Catholics either.

Mrs. is a Buddhist.

Says they have the same problem....always have.

Senior Monks diddlin novice monks (7-15).

Ya just can't take a man, and expect that from him.

You're just gonna attract weirdos and cats with all kinds of mental baggage. 

Then old ladies lookin to light some candles, and clean some floors get scarred for life.

Father Jim was charged with indecent conduct and the PF Office decided NOT to proceed because they decreed it was not in the public interest.

Father Jim has a special devotion to St Bilbo of the Blessed Dildo, there is a dedicated shrine in the Castro area of San Francisco.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2023 at 13:28, ranger_syntax said:

Most Rangers supporters would demolish Ibrox rather than live without an idiot box.

You can still have an idiot box and not have a licence. 1.9m and growing households are now licence free, amounting to almost 6m people, not including those on pension credit.

The BBC / TV Licencing / Capita are currently trying to prosecute two 85 year old's for not paying their licence and two thirds of those taken to court are women, regardless of the cost of living crisis. The BBC are parasitic and we need millions more to stop paying. Defund the BBC have clear instructions of how to do it and what to do if you are ever approached by Capita. 

54 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

You can still have an idiot box and not have a licence. 1.9m and growing households are now licence free, amounting to almost 6m people, not including those on pension credit.

The BBC / TV Licencing / Capita are currently trying to prosecute two 85 year old's for not paying their licence and two thirds of those taken to court are women, regardless of the cost of living crisis. The BBC are parasitic and we need millions more to stop paying. Defund the BBC have clear instructions of how to do it and what to do if you are ever approached by Capita. 

On 30/01/2023 at 19:09, 26th of foot said:

Now, Stacey is big mates with Angela Haggerty, Jane Hamilton, Kevin McKenna, ..... etc. Like all mentioned, Stacey is a beneficiary of a second chance, she continues to hate, just a lot more carefully than she used to. Stacey extended this gift to Gabriel McKay - you may remember this time last year, the Daily Record did a front page expose of the Heart and Hand podcast fronted by David Edgar? Heart and Hand came back stunningly with their own expose of the Daily Record, particularly Mark McGivern and Gabriel McKay. McGivern left the blatt and McKay entered anti-sectarian training. Both Mark and Gabriel had a social history full of the H term and Gaby had a Tweet from the opening of the Commonwealth Games at Sellik Park by the then Monarch with the question, "where's the IRA when you need them"?

The Daily Record quietly let Gaby leave and the new Editor of the Evening Times hired her fellow Sellik supporter.

Thanks for sharing this information. I would not have known about it otherwise.

I can remember enjoying what Heart and Hand reported at the time.

This should make it clear that it isn't enough to simply point out the problems with these people.