I remember playing alongside him at the Glasgow green one Sunday for Eric Smith’s pub team him and Jimmy Reilly and some twat informed the sfa and both got a warning and a fine think it was eight pounds, good times back then a couple of cases of screw tops at half time and another couple at time up I got he haw being a tea total person .

1 hour ago, compo said:

And Leeds 

THAT Eric Smith. Scored the winner in the eighty-eighth minute in a Scottish Cup tie in 1960 against Elgin City at Borough Briggs. Divers had got the equaliser four minutes earlier, City having led from the sixty-fourth minute. Damn them both.

I was at Tynecastle that day with thirty-six thousand others. You can imagine the roar when the half-times went up, ‘Gers and Jambos alike greatly amused by the nil-nil.

1 hour ago, compo said:

I for one would have loved him with Rangers up beside Colin Stein 

How about an inside trio of hibbees, Mcgraw, Stein and Martin? Lot of goals there.