Seat Sub rule change?

On 16/04/2023 at 12:15, CammyF said:

Easy answer would be that if you can't make a game, give your season ticket to a family member or friend. 

As others have said I can see both sides of argument but lean towards the side of if you've paid for your ST it's your decision whether you attend or not. 

I'm struggling to see the problem. No one is going to be forced to attend Ibrox if they don't want to. Nor are they saying I will lose my ST if I choose not to attend. As I see it, the four game rule is simply asking you to do the right thing and respect the needs of others to buy an unoccupied seat. Even then, I can reclaim my seat at any time I choose. If I understand the new arrangement, I will get back 75% of my seat value on that day which I can accumulate and use against the price of my next ST. As long as the system actually works, where's the problem?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

If I understand the new arrangement, I will get back 75% of my seat value on that day which I can accumulate and use against the price of my next ST. As long as the system actually works, where's the problem?

LOL!

Let me get this straight. I am gonna lease that space for a season. If I fail to occupy that space the club can then resell it for double...triple profit.

However, when I show up and I cannot access my prepaid space...they will then prorate me at 75% of cost.

dog hump GIF

On 15/04/2023 at 21:41, Tannochsidebear said:

How feckin dare they. If a bear wants to buy a ST , giving a huge amount of cash to Rangers and then doesn’t go to any games, surely that is their right to do so.

Read, and understand, the small print to be sure about things.

On 15/04/2023 at 21:41, Tannochsidebear said:

What if I buy a ST, don’t like what I see and refuse to go back until XYZ happens, how do I effect my protest if the club then take my ticket off me and sell it for the second time to someone else?

Why should the club give any consideration to this?

(It should give zero consideration to this)

41 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

LOL!

Let me get this straight. I am gonna lease that space for a season. If I fail to occupy that space the club can then resell it for double...triple profit.

However, when I show up and I cannot access my prepaid space...they will then prorate me at 75% of cost.

If I rent a house and pay my rent then I have a right to live there but if I use it to grow marijuana then I get arrested and given alternative accommodation in prison. I can go and buy a new shotgun today and own it outright ... but I still can't take it on a bus and wave it around above my head. Simply "owning" something doesn't mean there are no strings attached.

You don't lease any space at Ibrox, you pay for the right to use a seat to watch a game of football .... apart from that you have no rights to use it. So if you choose not to use it you are effectively paying for nothing and others who want a seat are denied reasonable opportunity to do so. That said, you can reclaim your seat at any time and for no additional cost. Seems to me you're just enjoying a good moan for no reason.

Edited by Bill

Personally, I have no problem with this new seatsub arrangement and despite the vitriol and mock outrage, no one here has given a single good reason why it shouldn't be implemented.

Edited by Bill