Should Gersnet feature on BBC Scotland?

Should Gersnet feature on BBC Scotland?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gersnet feature on BBC Scotland?

In recent weeks, I've been asked by Kenny Macintyre to appear on Sportsound on a Saturday evening but, for a variety of reasons, have so far declined.

FWIW, I am somewhat open for myself (or someone from our podcast) to do so in the future. I've listened to the new format and it has been quite good - even if those featured are hardly our friends. There was a Rangers supporter whom I don't know that was on last weekend and he seemed to do OK though I didn't hear the whole segment.

Obviously there's the argument that we should refrain from being involved due to issues between the broadcaster and the club - this is a strong argument and a difficult one to counter. However, playing devil's advocate, how can we change hearts and minds without a voice and I'd rather it was someone I trusted to avoid ambush and play the game...

As it stands Rangers also deal with the BBC so we're not going against any issue there.

As such my question is simple and I'd like to open up to the core site membership - should Gersnet appear on the show going forward?  Yea or Nay?

17 minutes ago, Frankie said:

In recent weeks, I've been asked by Kenny Macintyre to appear on Sportsound on a Saturday evening but, for a variety of reasons, have so far declined.

If you really must appear then please insist on being introduced as a 'fans chief'.

I'm torn between saying yes and giving the platform and contributors a good exposure boost to give a true Rangers supporter fan based opinion. I think it would be good exposure for what you are going here and the work that's been put in. I've listened to countless podcasts over the past few years so no concerns over any contributors holding thier own.

But I couldn't in all honesty expect the BBC to present any opinion or encourage open debate in good faith. Due to this I can understand if some of the fanbase have a negative view on any collaboration with them and Gersnet suffers from guilt by association.

I voted no but its 51/49. So i wouldnt blame you for trialling something.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

18 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

If you really must appear then please insist on being introduced as a 'fans chief'.

That really tickled me.  I can see the seethe already on Twitter. 

8 minutes ago, compo said:

Go for it :flute::flute::flute::drum::drum::drum:

"It’s about time a group of level minded Rangers folks formed a posse and laid siege to BBC Scotland on horseback with flaming torches dragging out the rebels and hanging them from lampposts and once and for all showing them.

WE ARRA  PEEPIL."