Should Gersnet feature on BBC Scotland?

Should Gersnet feature on BBC Scotland?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gersnet feature on BBC Scotland?

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

There might have been a majority vote for accepting a BBC invitation but in fact there was little offered by way of coherent justification. Much was essentially "get intae them" and "give them a piece of our mind", neither of which would have lasted beyond the introduction music. It was a trap waiting to be sprung and undoubtedly the right decision was reached.

Bill, for me, the even handed and measured appearance of Gersnet as a fans media platform (certainly via the podcast) is presumably why Frankie is/was approached. Does Auntie’s branch office and the mandarins therein perceive ‘us’ as being less zealot like in our partisanship and therefore more pliable?

I’ve heard Kenny before - he tiptoes through the tulips because ultimately, he knows the fate that will befall him if he rocks the boat. Frankie or any other Gersnet rep would be dressed up to suit the agenda no matter how much Kenny tries his best to go easy. You know that. I know that. And Frankie knows that. I’m not so sure that there others out there who necessarily grasp the gravity of certain situations when interacting with media types whose ‘daily’ job involves ‘crafting’ a story.

Some may rebuke me with the accusation that I credit the BBC with too much savvy in that regard, and that in the process, declining to appear may well be selling Rangers supporters’ intelligence short. But the inescapable facts remain, PQ is controlled by people who are not interested in a) allowing themselves to be justifiably criticised publicly and b) promoting ‘good’ Rangers PR.

Until the status quo is altered, appearances on BBC Scotland’s platforms in the interests of fairness and equal representation should be considered a lofty ambition.

3 hours ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Some may rebuke me with the accusation that I credit the BBC with too much savvy

No rebuke my good man but I did say above it’s bbc R Scotland Sportsound not the bleeding Brains Trust.

48 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

No rebuke my good man but I did say above it’s bbc R Scotland Sportsound not the bleeding Brains Trust.

Agreed mate, but alas it isn’t an unplugged recording session. At risk of preaching to the converted, Kenny has someone in his ear directing conversational traffic.

Gersnet’s day will come on BBC PQ. It’s just unlikely to be anytime soon. Sorely needed change is required first though. When that is is anyone’s guess.