Various board changes through May

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If your source has halved Robbie Keane I would also like to see him replace Mulholland. 

That would be the very one.  He would get my vote in an instant.

1 hour ago, craig said:

The debates over Edmiston House pay testament to that statement.  Some dont want it as it could have been spent on the squad... others, like me, believe that over time if that place turns profit then it is an additional revenue stream that actually allows us to buy players from EH profits.

I think that whilst NEH was, in theory, a good idea, there are very legitimate questions and concerns that will inevitably lead to debates. 

Given the EH is incomplete, is the £12M spend on EH the final cost, or is there more money required? And if so, how much more?

How many concerts have been booked? We can't sustain a music venue with SP and Callum Beattie.

What is the estimated annual turnover of EH? What plans are in place to ensure traffic / customers during the close-season? 

Hopefully Bisgrove will squeeze every last £1 out of EH but currently it is under utilised for something that was way over budget (final costs unknown?) and incomplete.

Edited by CammyF

Given the massive cost overrun completing NEH, does this in any way affect our FFP position? Or is it the annual amortisation charges, rather than the capital cost that is relevant ... or neither?

58 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I think that whilst NEH was, in theory, a good idea, there are very legitimate questions and concerns that will inevitably lead to debates. 

not to mention the bad luck involved, after construction began COVID hit and costs for resources rocketed way beyond what was budgeted. Not sure anyone could have seen that.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

23 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

not to mention the bad luck involved, after construction began COVID hit and costs for resources rocketed way beyond what was budgeted. Not sure anyone could have seen that.

Undoubtedly had an impact. 

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Given the massive cost overrun completing NEH, does this in any way affect our FFP position? Or is it the annual amortisation charges, rather than the capital cost that is relevant ... or neither?

I wouldn't lose any sleep re FFP. Not saying to ignore it because after all it exists but I doubt our investors/major sharehoders will fret too much about it.

Tims might excite themselves and start writing French adverts in the Gruniard again though!

12 hours ago, craig said:

No idea who you mean... but aye.  Has been very vocal to me in the past that Mulholland is holding back the Academy.  KT also has great respect from many of the Academy players - Leon King, for example, during xmas break from RFC, would come to KT sessions to stay in tune.

@elfideldo is critical of the academy, too. 

Must be something in it. 

8 hours ago, forlanssister said:

I wouldn't lose any sleep re FFP. Not saying to ignore it because after all it exists but I doubt our investors/major sharehoders will fret too much about it.

Tims might excite themselves and start writing French adverts in the Gruniard again though!

It was more of a technical query about how non-footballing costs impact on the FFP calculation. Sleep, I have lost none.