[Official] Rangers Appoint New Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)

• Rousseau changed the title to [Official] Rangers Appoint New Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)

Perhaps more than any other department at the club, our Commercial section has to be assessed at the end of term rather than the beginning. We'll only be able to make an informed judgement of Karin Virani's appointment at the end of his first whole financial period.

West Ham’s Chief Commercial Officer Karim Virani departs this week after five years at the club.

The Hammers CCO was bought in to oversee a digital transformation but later took a large role in commercial partnerships also including the ill-fated venture with Socios.

Writing on his personal Twitter account he said “I leave Weest Ham this week after 5 years and one incredible journey. I wish the club, the fans, and my friends all the best for the future and am grateful for all the support during my time here. Whilst it was a difficult decision to depart, I’m excited for my next endeavours!”

A club insider said Karim was well respected and liked and the departure is very amicable.

ClaretandHugh understand that Karim won’t be replaced and West Ham’s commercial director Nathan Thompson will take on partnership management as part of his remit at the club.

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

West Ham’s Chief Commercial Officer Karim Virani departs this week after five years at the club.

The Hammers CCO was bought in to oversee a digital transformation but later took a large role in commercial partnerships also including the ill-fated venture with Socios.

Writing on his personal Twitter account he said “I leave Weest Ham this week after 5 years and one incredible journey. I wish the club, the fans, and my friends all the best for the future and am grateful for all the support during my time here. Whilst it was a difficult decision to depart, I’m excited for my next endeavours!”

A club insider said Karim was well respected and liked and the departure is very amicable.

ClaretandHugh understand that Karim won’t be replaced and West Ham’s commercial director Nathan Thompson will take on partnership management as part of his remit at the club.

Karim has gone from blowing bubbles to flying kites.