Premier League 2023/24

1 hour ago, compo said:

I have it that he was a bit of a Rangers lad when he was a youngster 

That will explain what success he had.

Good records at Preston and Everton. Not so good at Manchester United but better than some of his illustrious successors and nobody was going to be successful there immediately after Ferguson. The move to Spain was ill advised, struggled at Sunderland (everybody does) but overall good enough at West Ham.

I was checking his record because I had deluded myself into thinking he went to Goodison from Blackburn Rovers and I see he is an FP of Bearsden Academy.

I know it's nonsensical because he's practically 1/1 in his career but when Haaland blanks he is God awful.

Chronic penalty miss.

Surprised teams better than Sheff Utd didn't go for Gustavo Hamer, very good midfielder.

One Beale tried to push for apparently.

This might be a hot take but to be honest I've always thought the same of Bukayo Saka, he tends to strike and control the ball towards his instep as if he's always playing a ground pass along the floor. Will be world class no doubt but I don't think he's technically great, I might be howling though.

Similar to Calvert-Lewin, I'm surprised both of them are on pens for their teams.

There's a few attackers like that though, Suarez was scruffy as f**k at Liverpool and Lukaku isn't great at striking a ball either but both put down brilliant numbers. Morata as well.

Morelos.

Edited by yuddie