PLG @ easter road today

I am sure he will take in many games at the mo. Why we have to trail away to South Africa for 2 games i will never know. Ok it might sell a few shirts but i feel it is a waste of time and energy.

pete,

I am sure that the reason PLG will be taking the players away to South Africa is for conditioning more than anything else.

At this time of year the temperatures over there will be searing I would imagine, and when you add humidity to that equation the players will come back and SHOULD be in great physical condition for the season ahead.

Being in Bermuda I can tell you that training and playing (I go running 3-4 times a week) in high humidity drains you but is a GREAT workout and provides you with more stamina than had you been running/training back home. I am sure Gribz will be able to relate to this too.

I could be wrong but I reckon the SA trip is PLG's final fitness and stamina preparation for the squad and I reckon he is doing it because of the conditions...... get the players to a good level of fitness at home and then take them a stage further under extreme conditions - I am likely wrong but it will be a good workout for the squad.

Shame they can't simulate those conditions at home.

Yeah its for the temperature more else but I wouldn't say its scouching over there they have diff seasons to us in Europe and so on, as where in summer it would be there winter in south africa but that's still prob as hot and humid as it will ever be in the UK.

Guest HazukiSan

Another major reasonwe're off to SA is because there is no time difference between here and there so the squad won't be jetlagged.

Another major reasonwe're off to SA is because there is no time difference between here and there so the squad won't be jetlagged.

exactly....

its not that long a haul compared to recent trips to the U.S. and Canada.

pete,

I am sure that the reason PLG will be taking the players away to South Africa is for conditioning more than anything else.

At this time of year the temperatures over there will be searing I would imagine, and when you add humidity to that equation the players will come back and SHOULD be in great physical condition for the season ahead.

Being in Bermuda I can tell you that training and playing (I go running 3-4 times a week) in high humidity drains you but is a GREAT workout and provides you with more stamina than had you been running/training back home. I am sure Gribz will be able to relate to this too.

I could be wrong but I reckon the SA trip is PLG's final fitness and stamina preparation for the squad and I reckon he is doing it because of the conditions...... get the players to a good level of fitness at home and then take them a stage further under extreme conditions - I am likely wrong but it will be a good workout for the squad.

Shame they can't simulate those conditions at home.

He could have done that here in Holland at the moment. Bloom'n 32 today going up to 34, 35, over the next 2 or 3 days. Thank god i'm going to Scotland for a few days roll on the Glasgow climate 20 degree's here we come.:D Just kidding i know he is guaranteed that weather in Africa, He could have got a freezing 12 degrees as we had last year at this time.

He could have done that here in Holland at the moment. Bloom'n 32 today going up to 34, 35, over the next 2 or 3 days.

ffs just rub it in! thunder and lightning the majority of the day and more of the same tomorrow! :eek: