Should Beale be sacked?

Should Beale be sacked?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beale be sacked?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, the gunslinger said:

at some point we have to give a manager a proper chance. at very least 2 full seasons 

To justify that surely you’d first need some sign he knows what he’s doing. I suspect the crowd reaction on Sunday will have been very sobering for Beale and I’d question whether he has the fortitude to cope with it. We’ll see. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yes. 

I was being flippant, there, @Waltersgotstyle.

Ostersunds have never been higher than 5th. He took them up from the fourth tier. They're now in the second tier. 

He did well at Swansea - I mean, they offered him another contract at the end of the season to fend off Brighton. 

His tenure at Brighton speaks for itself. Just because they hired DeZerbi - another coach I rate and have never stopped talking about for years - doesn't negate his work. 

I think he was doing fine at Chelsea considering the mess they were in. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. 

He's able to implement a style and be successful with it, usually with underdogs.

We need a coach that can implement a style of play and beat 'superior' teams with it.

To be honest, I'm not even sure he's an option. He'd maybe want a bigger job. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Ostersunds have never been higher than 5th. He took them up from the fourth tier. They're now in the second tier. 

He did well at Swansea - I mean, they offered him another contract at the end of the season to fend off Brighton. 

His tenure at Brighton speaks for itself. Just because they hired DeZerbi - another coach I rate and have never stopped talking about for years - doesn't negate his work. 

I think he was doing fine at Chelsea considering the mess they were in. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. 

He's able to implement a style and be successful with it, usually with underdogs.

We need a coach that can implement a style of play and beat 'superior' teams with it.

All fair points.

TBH  I was just going off of what I have read in regards to their league positions.

I have not really paid attention to how he sets his teams up etc so I can't really argue for or against.

I feel torn as I really like Beale (I've followed him on social media for years and he and his family seem really happy with life in Scotland) however I am not sure he has the experience to turn this around.

41 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Solid.

I think Rangers have been playing fast and loose with young, experimental managers. Granted, GVB had a reasonably successful, but limited resume when we hired him.
However he proved not to possess the malleability required to manage a team like Rangers. 
We are truly a team of two worlds. Our ‘low block…trog’ domestic league v. a modern European game present two distinct scenarios which must be planned.
IMHO this team require a manager with the experience to navigate both. Experience being the key identifier. 
I dont know Potter from pottery but he appears (prima facie) to fit the type required.

7 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I dont know Potter from pottery but he appears (prima facie) to fit the type required.

Why? What is it about Potter that demonstrates to you that he could lead Rangers to success? As far as I know he's never won anything domestically and never managed in European competition? And he's out of work.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why? What is it about Potter that demonstrates to you that he could lead Rangers to success? As far as I know he's never won anything domestically and never managed in European competition? And he's out of work.

He took Ostersunds to the Europa League. 

Beat Arsenal, at the Emirates. 

If Michael Beale's time is up?

I suspect the Board will give him the opportunity to secure the League Cup unless the spiralling downward trend continues; however, if the choice before our Board is :

1. Graham Potter

2. Harry Potter

3. Hairy Patter

I know what one they will appoint.

They love someone that talks and talks.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He took Ostersunds to the Europa League. 

Beat Arsenal, at the Emirates. 

Hardly a convincing roll call of honour. 

I would certainly see him as a step up from Beale, I just don't see a huge body of evidence that he would take Rangers to the top.