Should Beale be sacked?

Should Beale be sacked?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beale be sacked?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

If Michael Beale's time is up?

I suspect the Board will give him the opportunity to secure the League Cup unless the spiralling downward trend continues; however, if the choice before our Board is :

1. Graham Potter

2. Harry Potter

3. Hairy Patter

I know what one they will appoint.

They love someone that talks and talks.

One more failed managerial appointment and you'd have to conclude the board doesn't know what it's doing.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

One more failed managerial appointment and you'd have to conclude the board doesn't know what it's doing.

Have the board members not changed a few times over the past few years?

I doubt any of our last few managers have had the backing of every board member either.

I am aware these statements provide no solutions 😀

I know it's not sexy but would you sound out Chris Wilder?

4 promotions with 3 clubs including taking Sheff Utd from league one to the prem and kept them up playing good football from what I recall - they were one of the teams that struggled with no crowds, Liverpool as well.

I wouldn't be adverse to it, if we are looking for a new manager I'd at least give him an interview.

2 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I know it's not sexy but would you sound out Chris Wilder?

4 promotions with 3 clubs including taking Sheff Utd from league one to the prem and kept them up playing good football from what I recall - they were one of the teams that struggled with no crowds, Liverpool as well.

I wouldn't be adverse to it, if we are looking for a new manager I'd at least give him an interview.

Then failed at every other club. 

Nope.

14 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Have the board members not changed a few times over the past few years?

I doubt any of our last few managers have had the backing of every board member either.

I am aware these statements provide no solutions 😀

I doubt we have board members that would know a good manager if it bit them on the arse.

Bisgrove, a glorified marketing executive that has done reasonably well bringing in some commercial revenue for us now running the club. He speaks well, but what does he know about running a football club?

Same with Bennett, clearly a smart guy, loves the club, has supported the club financially, excelled in his career/industry, but is now running the club full-time with Bisgrove, between them they have no experience of running a football club. Does it matter? I would say so. 

On top of that, we have a coach, now rookie manager for us, running all recruitment and footballing matters, in addition to coaching, at a huge club in the absence of a DoF.

I think the job is too big for all of them. Shit, did I just saw all that out loud?  

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why? What is it about Potter that demonstrates to you that he could lead Rangers to success? As far as I know he's never won anything domestically and never managed in European competition? And he's out of work.

He has a breadth of experience and track record of success (varying) across multiple levels and leagues. 
As i stated I dont know his career in detail.
But we can all agree this would not be his first hoedown. 
We have a fanbase that demands success at all levels.

Yet we are limited.
Agile leadership, acquired through experience may help. 

The Kevin Muscat link is interesting. 

I've heard and read quite a few dismiss him fairly quickly. One criticism seems to be that 'we'd be copying them'. If it works, who cares? That aside there is some truth in that he's an Australian who has managed in Melbourne and is now managing Yokohama in Japan, very similar to the current manager of Spurs. He won the league with Melbourne and has now won it in Japan. Muscat has also been an assistant coach for the Australian national side, under the management of the current Spurs coach. So there are clearly parallels. 

Muscat also had an unsuccessful spell managing in Belgium for a side I'd never heard of. 

It seems clear that the standard of Japanese domestic football is higher than in Scotland. When you add in the huge cultural differences he must be experiencing then I think it's fair to praise what Muscat has achieved there. He's not some rookie, he's managed 3 club sides, winning the league with 2 of them. 

Another thing is Yokohama are part owned by the City Group, who own a plethora of clubs around the world, most famously Man City. I personally hate what they're doing to football, I'd outlaw multi club ownership and sports washing, but I'm not in charge so it is what it is. My personal animosity apart, City do seem to know what they're doing. Having billions at your disposable certainly helps you build a good infrastructure, and it seems they not only look for players, but also coaches too. Either way they seem to rate Muscat. 

His time at Rangers didn't ingratiate him to most of our support. He was a limited player at best, with a reputation for thuggery, he passed through fairly quickly without making much of an impression on me. Being a limited player has no bearing on whether you might be a good coach of course. So in his credit column he does have some experience of the club and the league. 

I've no clue if the link with Muscat is real or not, but it's not a ridiculous link. I suspect he's within our budget, as an Australian he'd have little trouble settling here, he knows the club and what's expected and he might view us as a good next step in his career.