I had a discussion with a fellow Rangers fan recently, where he told me Scotland used to wear black socks, as a nod to Queens Park and this carried on into the 60s.  

I always thought the socks were navy, like the shirt. 

Anyone know which of us is correct?  I have a fashion rule where I never wear navy and black simultaneously because it looks hideous, so I hope I'm right.  

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I had a discussion with a fellow Rangers fan recently, where he told me Scotland used to wear black socks, as a nod to Queens Park and this carried on into the 60s.  

I always thought the socks were navy, like the shirt. 

Anyone know which of us is correct?  I have a fashion rule where I never wear navy and black simultaneously because it looks hideous, so I hope I'm right.  

Up until as late as mid sixties the Scottish international football socks were dark navy blue, like naval uniform colour and - shock, horror - the fold-over was red. I’ve seen team photos with a narrow white fold-over and I have a vague memory of darkish blue.

image.jpeg.aa42772714aed25e85a9f7b273ad2dfb.jpeg

7 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Up until as late as mid sixties the Scottish international football socks were dark navy blue, like naval uniform colour and - shock, horror - the fold-over was red. I’ve seen team photos with a narrow white fold-over and I have a vague memory of darkish blue.

image.jpeg.aa42772714aed25e85a9f7b273ad2dfb.jpeg

It may well be time playing with my memory but i also seem to recall socks being black with the red tops.