12 hours ago, compo said:

The only thing worse than Scotland is McCoist as a commentator he’s hopeless, sack him.

They won't sack him but they should.  They really should.  I think that.  I really do.  

England totally outclassed Scotland last night but you just have to look at their attacking options, versus Scotland’s, to see why.

Nice to see Andy Robertson gift Bellinham a goal.  

Edited by Gonzo79

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

They won't sack him but they should.  They really should.  I think that.  I really do.  

England totally outclassed Scotland last night but you just have to look at their attacking options, versus Scotland’s and you can see why.

Nice to see Andy Robertson gift Bellinham a goal.  

But I'll tell you right now they won't. 

"Lizzie's in a box"

It confirms to me what I've long believed. That supporting the Scotland national team is utterly incompatible with supporting Rangers and any attempt to face different directions at the same time is just that ..... two-faced.

From the Daily Telegraph:

”Ally McCoist blasts Scotland fans who booed national anthem – and admits he sang God Save The King

When it was put to McCoist that he was being too “pro-English”, he responded: “I'm British. You got a problem with that?”

BySam Dean13 September 2023 • 11:32am

“Ally McCoist, the former Scotland striker, has described his country’s supporters as “totally out of order” for booing God Save the King ahead of Tuesday’s friendly against England.

The national anthem was drowned out by Scotland fans at Hampden Park, where McCoist was working as a co-commentator.

The former Rangers player and manager said that he sung along to God Save the King on the gantry and suggested that “SNP fans” were behind the jeering of the anthem.

“I do not like the booing of any national anthem to be honest with you,” McCoist said on TalkSport. “I just think it is a distinct lack of respect. I genuinely dislike it intensely.

“If you can’t show respect, I am not talking about England, I am talking about anybody or anybody that goes to Hampden, any football ground or any sporting event. If you can’t show the opposition respect by respecting their national anthem, I think it is a poor show.

“I get the rivalry with England and Scotland, and I get some of the Scots, perhaps SNP fans, giving it the whole bit, but I am talking about in general. There should be respect shown for an opposing national anthem and I think it is totally out of order.”

‘I am British. You got a problem with that?’

When it was put to McCoist that he was being too “pro-English”, the 60-year-old responded: “For telling the truth? What all these guys can do is put their head back under the covers or the pillow. If they want to lift their head up and open their eyes, great. It’s them that need the reality check, nobody else.

“Actually I was [singing God Save the King]. Because I am British. You got a problem with that?”

England went on to win the game 3-1, with goals from Phil Foden, Jude Bellingham and Harry Kane.

During the match there were witness reports of an England fan needing medical treatment after being struck by a bottle thrown into the away end.”

Well said, Super.

Incidentally The Telegraph employs a writer who doesn’t know his sung from his sang. Couldn’t of went to the right university.

Edited by Scott7

Stewart is indeed a fool. 

When I attended international matches there was only one anthem, that of the United Kingdom. Welsh Rugby had their own in addition - fair enough, it’s a rattling good tune. Burgeoning nationalism in Scotland promoted the need for a separate anthem hence the wee song they burble out now. 

Stewart needs to learn that God Save the King is not the English anthem and the English don’t claim it to be so. When they want another anthem for cricket, rugby or athletics they use Jerusalem though what Jerusalem’s got to do with England I do not know.