21 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Stewart is indeed a fool. 

When I attended international matches there was only one anthem, that of the United Kingdom. Welsh Rugby had their own in addition - fair enough, it’s a rattling good tune. Burgeoning nationalism in Scotland promoted the need for a separate anthem hence the wee song they burble out now. 

Stewart needs to learn that God Save the King is not the English anthem and the English don’t claim it to be so. When they want another anthem for cricket, rugby or athletics they use Jerusalem though what Jerusalem’s got to do with England I do not know.

The played 'Scotland The Brave' for a few years but the grunts were incapable of remembering the words so something more steeped in bigotry was needed instead. Us Scots have always needed to mobilise the chip on our shoulders to form an attachment to anything. Sad but true.

Caledonia should be what we use as an anthem for sporting events, in my opinion.  A beautiful song that doesn't mention our neighbours.

I don't think it really matters much but clearly these things bother Stewart, which is nice.  

7 hours ago, Bill said:

"Lizzie's in a box"

It confirms to me what I've long believed. That supporting the Scotland national team is utterly incompatible with supporting Rangers and any attempt to face different directions at the same time is just that ..... two-faced.

That is arrant nonsense. I was brought up supporting Rangers and Scotland. That Queen comment was deplorable but it is not typical. I didn't hear it anyway.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Caledonia should be what we use as an anthem for sporting events, in my opinion.  A beautiful song that doesn't mention our neighbours.

I don't think it really matters much but clearly these things bother Stewart, which is nice.  

And England should play 'Jerusalem'. GSTK is not just their anthem, any more than the union flag is theirs.

31 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

That is arrant nonsense. I was brought up supporting Rangers and Scotland. That Queen comment was deplorable but it is not typical. I didn't hear it anyway.

Flushed another denier

35 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

And England should play 'Jerusalem'. GSTK is not just their anthem, any more than the union flag is theirs.

Their anthem is surely what they choose it to be, not just what you think it should be. Why are Nats always so keen on condemning England when we’re drowning in our own mess?

I'll be honest I am wary whenever I go up to watch Rangers of what people make of me when I interact (English,brummie).

Not so much in and amongst rangers fans but more out and about in Glasgow. I'm pro union and my dad fought in the Falklands and my Grandad was kicked out of the Warwicks and then subsequently joined the Argyll in WW2.

I don't know, I suppose I'm just saying I find it sad when there's that much vitriol for the anthems.