1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

Do Liverpool fans vote SNP?

No but they do suffer from exactly the same unwarranted exceptionalism syndrome as the SNP and its community of victimhood junkies.

I wonder what grand political gesture was being made when they booed Ryan Jack again? Maybe the nationalist grunts thought he was playing for England, or was he just the wrong sort of Scot maybe?

Our national anthem is GSTK. It doesn't matter whether you're Scottish or English. That's your national anthem.

The SFA have decided not to use it for whatever reason and chosen FoS as the anthem to use for the Scottish football team. It isn't our national anthem though and the SFA don't decide what our national anthem is.

The English FA have decided to use the national anthem as the national anthem. They've kept it simple and are using it correctly, unlike the SFA.

11 hours ago, Bill said:

No but they do suffer from exactly the same unwarranted exceptionalism syndrome as the SNP and its community of victimhood junkies.

I wonder what grand political gesture was being made when they booed Ryan Jack again? Maybe the nationalist grunts thought he was playing for England, or was he just the wrong sort of Scot maybe?

For someone who professes not to care about the national team you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time listening and watching out for noises in the crowd. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Our national anthem is GSTK. It doesn't matter whether you're Scottish or English. That's your national anthem.

The SFA have decided not to use it for whatever reason and chosen FoS as the anthem to use for the Scottish football team. It isn't our national anthem though and the SFA don't decide what our national anthem is.

The English FA have decided to use the national anthem as the national anthem. They've kept it simple and are using it correctly, unlike the SFA.

An anthem which mentions 'rebellious Scots to crush'? We're not all Jacobites. And anyway, some Jacobites were English. FoS, while a stirring tune, seems to celebrate a defeat (Flodden) which is odd.

32 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

An anthem which mentions 'rebellious Scots to crush'? We're not all Jacobites. And anyway, some Jacobites were English. FoS, while a stirring tune, seems to celebrate a defeat (Flodden) which is odd.

Firstly, that verse isn't part of the official national anthem.

Secondly, I've never heard it sung.

Thirdly, I have no problem with the verse. It's only referring to rebellious Scots and not all Scots, and I'm totally in favour of rebellious Scots being crushed. 

44 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Also is not referring to the Battle of Bannockburn?