Cyriel Dessers

57 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

You can't coach speed. 

That's why Hagi's ass is down in Spain.

I think it's been more about his touch and final product.

Both of which have been heavy, off.

I mean, let's face it, that dude ain't ever been 'fast' but has managed to score in the past. 

I think a new staff, maybe some new angles and he will hit a stretch.

He is due.

So is the return of Christ but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting.

Dick Advocaat had a squad of marvels, wonderful players such as Tugay, Reyna, Amato, .................. etc could not secure a starting berth. Martin O'Neill arrived and played a form of direct football, ball wide and launch it to Sutton - Hartson with Larsson feeding off. We had games where we played the entire game against MON's Sellik with the vast majority of the possession confined to playing in front of them. Advocaat gave up and the Club appointed Alex McLeish. I remember being sceptical, big Eck had been player-manager at Motherwell and won the Championship with Hibs.

The former Dandy won five out of the next six domestic trophies. His first game was at ra Stydome and the perceived wisdom was if Dick could not get a tune out of the assembled stars, how would Eck manage it? He countered MON by playing one(Lovenkrands) up front and the back four were instructed to hit him early and often. We were one up at half time, the Dane notched but, he should have had a first forty-five hat-trick. He roasted Tom Boyd and I believe that was the Rangers haters last game for the green'n'grey horrors?

The point I am driving is does any Gersnetters think Stuart Kettlewell deserves an interview?

Ross County and Motherwell, seems to be a thinker and, a good Bluenose too. Could he take the current crop of massive under-achievers and get them playing successfully? Could the club tempt him away from the mighty claret and amber?

21 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

The point I am driving is does any Gersnetters think Stuart Kettlewell deserves an interview?

As a manager in his own right he has taken charge of 50 games.

What is it you think he has achieved to deserve an interview?

By all means add him to a watchlist and monitor how he does over the following few years. That's sensible. 

To answer your question, though: No.

4 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

What about McInnes? If he hadn't knocked us back previously (which shouldn't be the only reason not to consider him), would anyone see him as an option? I'd certainly prefer him to many of the names linked. 

Nope, no way. Not interested.

I'm not sure what he's done as a manager to suggest that he should be Rangers manager. The style of football his teams play isn't endearing either.

The fact that he turned us and Sunderland down suggests a major lack of ambition on his part. I can't see him coming in a shaking up the place and making difficult decisions. He didn't feel up to doing it in 2017 so why would it be any different now?

56 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Dick Advocaat had a squad of marvels, wonderful players such as Tugay, Reyna, Amato, .................. etc could not secure a starting berth. Martin O'Neill arrived and played a form of direct football, ball wide and launch it to Sutton - Hartson with Larsson feeding off. We had games where we played the entire game against MON's Sellik with the vast majority of the possession confined to playing in front of them. Advocaat gave up and the Club appointed Alex McLeish. I remember being sceptical, big Eck had been player-manager at Motherwell and won the Championship with Hibs.

The former Dandy won five out of the next six domestic trophies. His first game was at ra Stydome and the perceived wisdom was if Dick could not get a tune out of the assembled stars, how would Eck manage it? He countered MON by playing one(Lovenkrands) up front and the back four were instructed to hit him early and often. We were one up at half time, the Dane notched but, he should have had a first forty-five hat-trick. He roasted Tom Boyd and I believe that was the Rangers haters last game for the green'n'grey horrors?

Ross County and Motherwell, seems to be a thinker and, a good Bluenose too. Could he take the current crop of massive under-achievers and get them playing successfully? Could the club tempt him away from the mighty claret and amber?

The thing is, conjecture is all that's available to any of us right now and it's a bottomless well. No matter how any of us (or the board) go about identifying Beale's successor, nothing is ever guaranteed where people are concerned. Only when looking back over our shoulder on some future date will any of us know whether a good decision was reached and the right man was appointed.

I sway between the need to appoint the most experienced candidate available, with the most glittering track record, and the knowledge that many of our most successful managers didn't have that profile at all. Symon, Wallace, Souness, Smith, McLeish all came from relative obscurity in managerial terms but all had something about them that led to their success. They also delivered 24 league titles and 35 cups between them (and 3 European finals). Could Stuart Kettlewell follow in those illustrious footsteps? No one knows but not all inexperienced managers have been failures.

Edited by Bill