Can we win in Barca ?

I think Rangers will have to play a backs to the wall job then hit them on the counter attack like we did at Ibrox but i expect Barca to be a lot more attack minded at home , but nothing is impossible so why cant we get a result we did it in Lyon , so you never know

Hope the Team , Management and all the Bears travelling do the club proud :thup: over in Barcelona i was there in May wish i could be there so bad.

Barca Boss Rijkaard's Praise As He Plots To Down Ibrox Men

FRANK RIJKAARD insists some of Walter Smith's Rangers team could play for Barcelona - he just wouldn't name any of them.

The Primera Liga side's coach was full of praise for tonight's Champions League rivals and tried to play down Lionel Messi's "anti-football" jibe in the wake of the 0-0 draw at Ibrox two weeks ago.

Rijkaard is the only Barcelona coach to have secured a competitive victory over a Scottish club in their last 12 attempts and the Dutchman is impressed with the mentality of our players.

He is looking for his side to blitz Rangers from the start at the Nou Camp but isn't expecting an easy ride from Walter Smith's players.

Rijkaard said: "Rangers have made a very good start to the Champions League.

"They have been very impressive and they are doing a great job. They have some players who could join a team like Barcelona, I have no doubt about that. But I never talk about names."

Asked whether he concurred with Messi's assertion that Rangers' tactics at Ibrox went against the ethos of how the game should be played, Rijkaard claimed the Argentine's words were taken out of context.

He added: "Lionel was only saying it was very complicated for us because Rangers defended very well.

"I personally don't use the expression anti-football. Football exists in many forms and every team has the right to play in a way that is best for them.

"It will be difficult for us because Rangers are a good team and can defend very well with good quality players.

"It is important for us to score early to try to make Rangers come out. We want a good result and we have to open the game because we know Rangers will close it.

"It's not a case of scoring early then thinking of the league.

"This is a difficult, complicated and interesting match for us."

The Barca coach believes Scottish clubs' fine record against his team stems from being motivated to beat the best.

He said: "Scots have a very good team spirit and mentality. They are highly motivated whenever they play Barcelona.

"It's complicated playing against Scottish teams but against smaller sides they have to make the game and that is where they sometimes have problems."

Barcelona skipper Carles Puyol has warned Rangers to expect the Catalans to go for the jugular right from the start tonight in the Group E showdown.

The Spaniards are still seething at their failure to turn all their possession into three points at Ibrox a fortnight ago and fear Rangers will try to put up the shutters again at the Nou Camp.

Spanish international defender Puyol believes the best way to force the Scots to open up is for Barca to score early - and he is predicting an all-out onslaught on Allan McGregor's goal right from the start.

Puyol said: "We always want to win. If Rangers come here with a defensive game we will try to score as soon as possible.

"We don't know how they will play but if it is defensive we will have to try to get a goal right from the beginning.

"I hope it will be a good game. We have a good team and so do Glasgow Rangers.

"They are a really physical side so we will have to battle.

"We didn't score a goal in Glasgow and I hope it won't happen again.

"In Glasgow we had a lot of good occasions to score but didn't put the ball in the net.

"But we have high quality players and I think our strikers and other players are ready to have a very good game.

"It's going to be a very important night. We are well aware of how important the three points are and hopefully everything will be fine."

Similar to the other thread, but I have to say, no i cant see a win over there at all, but im being realistic. There isnt any team in europe who go to nou camp expecting a win. Even the Real M, Milans and Arsenals would go there as slight underdogs.

I think Barca are really up for this with a point to prove (Ronaldinho, Henry and Messi especially) and will want to score a few. But if we can frustrate them for the first 20 mins and get a few solid but fair tackles in then it could annoy them and the crowd will get on their backs a bit and it may come our way.

Anybody else having the longest day ever?

My arse has been making buttons since about 1, cant wait to get home and get a beer to settle my Nerves.

Really hope we can get something tonight

C'mon the Gers!!