[FT] St Mirren 0 - 3 Rangers (Tavernier 30' pen, 90+1'; Sima 71')

Just now, Bill said:

As a vote of confidence in the heroes of Limassol, I suggest the following couldn't do any worse. Imagine the joy of not seeing Tavernier, Goldson, Barisic, Lundstram, Dessers or Lammers.

Butland

Devine - Souttar - Balogun - Yilmaz

Raskin - Jack - Rice

Sima - Roofe - McAusland

I'd love to see that happen as well but you know fine well Steve Davis is not the man to make wholesale changes. These failures are all his teammates. I will doubt if there are more than 3 changes from Limassol to Paisley.

18 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I'd love to see that happen as well but you know fine well Steve Davis is not the man to make wholesale changes. These failures are all his teammates. I will doubt if there are more than 3 changes from Limassol to Paisley.

Yeah it puts him in a very difficult position once a perm appointment comes in and he reverts back to a player (if he ever plays again)

Copied from the reply I just made in the EL "disaster" thread ...

Which brings me back to the system. St. Mirren is "flying", yet only faced the rest of the dross in the Premiership so far. They will probably be in our faces on Sunday, hence, I'd go nominally 3-4-3, with Souttar coming in. Lundstram as DM, Raskin as CM, Ridvan filling the left wingback slot, Wright right wing. Sima, Roofe, and Dessers up top.

Butland

Souttar - Goldson - Davies

Wright - Lundstram - Raskin - Ridvan

Sima - Dessers - Roofe

13 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yeah it puts him in a very difficult position once a perm appointment comes in and he reverts back to a player (if he ever plays again)

Surely to God we don't think Steve Davis will be back in a Rangers team?

9 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Copied from the reply I just made in the EL "disaster" thread ...

Which brings me back to the system. St. Mirren is "flying", yet only faced the rest of the dross in the Premiership so far. They will probably be in our faces on Sunday, hence, I'd go nominally 3-4-3, with Souttar coming in. Lundstram as DM, Raskin as CM, Ridvan filling the left wingback slot, Wright right wing. Sima, Roofe, and Dessers up top.

Butland

Souttar - Goldson - Davies

Wright - Lundstram - Raskin - Ridvan

Sima - Dessers - Roofe

Dessers leading the attack? I mean, come on!