[FT] St Mirren 0 - 3 Rangers (Tavernier 30' pen, 90+1'; Sima 71')

5 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

still a couple in. Just go the whole hog and put the under 19's out

I had to leave a couple in so people would know it's Rangers 🤣

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I thought Davies was really poor last night.  Our back four looked terrified at times.  

They were dreadful. Goldson stalled about like he wished he was anywhere else. I know it's like a stuck record but I'm sick of seeing Tavernier just going through the motions and looking less like a captain than anyone I've seen wear that armband.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

I had to leave a couple in so people would know it's Rangers 🤣

We just need to watch them for 2 minutes and you can tell. Back back back back sideways sideways repeat repeat. Would bore you to tears

McCausland showed enough in his cameo to retain a starting place ahead of Wright or Lammers. You could replace pretty much every one of the rest if we had anyone to replace them with.  

Edited by JohnMc

1 hour ago, Bill said:

As a vote of confidence in the heroes of Limassol, I suggest the following couldn't do any worse. Imagine the joy of not seeing Tavernier, Goldson, Barisic, Lundstram, Dessers or Lammers.

Butland

Devine - Souttar - Balogun - Yilmaz

Raskin - Jack - Rice

Sima - Roofe - McAusland

Them SM boys are gonna come out the tunnel like striped ass apes...you most definitely don't wanna go with too many changes. 

I appreciate, and respect the thought but just cause they ain't played don't make em better. 

Yes it CAN get worse.

Davis should go with known knowns, as shitty as they may be.

Then pray to the lord the board sign a manager before the  break concludes. 

I'll never want to see Tav, Golson, Barisic selected again. They haven't been worthy of a Rangers shirt for a long time and I genuinely believe we'll never win anything else whilst they remain first team players.  

So If I were Davo/Rae, I'd bring in Souttar to his preferred RCB slot, Balogun to partner him on the left - both will be more capable than Goldson/Davies. If Ridvan is fit, he should start and Sterling to be given a shot in his natural RB position. Jack to come back in the CDM along with Raskin and Rice in a midfield 3 and give McCausland a start in a forward three with Roofe playing  middle and Sima on the left. 4-3-3. 

Butland

Sterling - Souttar - Balogun - Yilmaz

Raskin - Jack - Rice

McCausland - Roofe - Sima

However, Davis will never make these changes unfortunately. 

I'm of the opinion that our defence looked so bad because they were exposed by the structure in front; the best defenders in the world struggle when they are isolated - and we have ... poor, to say the least, one-on-one defenders. 

We were playing a 4-4-2, with wide players that didn't track back and we didn't press as a team to overcome that weakness; it was basically a couple of forwards, with our wide men floating wherever, leaving a double pivot with too many to mark and thus, our defence were at their mercy.