One good thing....

It will no doubt be a different scenario in a knockout situation.

Got to disagree. If we do end up in the UEFA Cup after Christmas then it'll be the same old story, 1 man up-front in both the home and away legs!

Away from home I can understand it but at home we should be going all out for the victory, not playing the waiting game and hoping the opposition don't score.

If played properly though the one man up front becomes 3 men up front as long as your wide men have the engine to track back then you have plenty of attacking options.

He may start with the same formation but it still allows many variations, as Frankie said in his earlier thread about the formation.

I know what you are saying though as WS to me seems to be more cautious in his approach than he should be.

I guess we will find out after Xmas - being in Europe after Xmas is enough for me right now !

Maybe i am just disappointed to see the Ranges i love, drop to Faroe Islands tactics no matter who we are up against. I come from a time we used to give these teams a game.

You also come from a time when the formation was 2-3-5 :fish:

Don't get me wrong Pete, I am disappointed that we were negative too and was shouting at the TV whilst watching it - being down 2-0 and playing a 30 yard ball back to your keeper is tough to watch - but you have to give a lot of the credit for that to Barcelona as they never afforded us any space - and we also had no imagination in our team, which is a problem we all have noticed this season.

You also come from a time when the formation was 2-3-5 :fish:

Don't get me wrong Pete, I am disappointed that we were negative too and was shouting at the TV whilst watching it - being down 2-0 and playing a 30 yard ball back to your keeper is tough to watch - but you have to give a lot of the credit for that to Barcelona as they never afforded us any space - and we also had no imagination in our team, which is a problem we all have noticed this season.

Craig maybe this is a slight exaggeration but i think i can count in two hands how often we were more than a few yards in their half. I don't care who we are playing this is not good enough in my book.

What happened to"It is better to have fought and lost than not to have fought at all"

Craig maybe this is a slight exaggeration but i think i can count in two hands how often we were more than a few yards in their half. I don't care who we are playing this is not good enough in my book.

What happened to"It is better to have fought and lost than not to have fought at all"

You can't SOLELY put that down to Rangers though Pete - Barcelona defended high up the pitch and gave our players no space. Perhaps we should just punt it from back to front so that we can say we made the opposition's half more often ?

I am not so sure about Barcelona taking "at least" a point off Lyon Wija - they have qualified so will rest key players, of that there is no doubt.

They now have nothing to play for in the group as they are pretty much guaranteed 1st place.

They obviously have the quality to win that game but Lyon will have more to play for.

I am by no means saying we should simply accept 3rd place - but to know that we will be no worse than that and get the parachute into the UEFA even if we lose our last 2 games should hopefully allow the players to play with less pressure (to some extent).

If Barcelona do happen to take at least a point off Lyon then I think the final game could end up being a formality - as I believe we can go to Stuttgart and win, they now have nothing to play for other than pride.

Barcelona have not qualified mate. They still need a point. They will get 3 in the next one and then will play a weakened team against Stuttgart. We need to bury Stuttgart with a win and then we are through.... Stuttgart cannot qualify for Euro football now so hopefully they will have there heads down for us going there...

Yes and then we can watch more of that negative shite. If we can't even put in an effort to move forward what is the point.

Would you really prefer to have attacked Barca more and got beat 5-1?

Sorry mate but negative or not thats the only way we could have played Barca at the Nou Camp.

Better teams than us have gone to the Nou Camp and tried to shut up shop.

Barcelona have not qualified mate. They still need a point. They will get 3 in the next one and then will play a weakened team against Stuttgart. We need to bury Stuttgart with a win and then we are through.... Stuttgart cannot qualify for Euro football now so hopefully they will have there heads down for us going there...

I am really shit scared for the Stuttgart game. We face the same dilemma Scotland had in Georgia. Do we go for the win or play safe and leave a knock-out game against Lyon.

I am really shit scared for the Stuttgart game. We face the same dilemma Scotland had in Georgia. Do we go for the win or play safe and leave a knock-out game against Lyon.

Do not be silly mate - Barca need a point and they will want that - and more - against Lyon.

Stuttgart will be a hard game, but we can and really should be looking for the 3 points. Then we can enjoy being in the next stages against Lyon at Ibrox!