Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu tells Gaza residents to “GET OUT NOW”

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Equally, to see see them advertising charities - pace Ewan McGregor and Olivia Coleman  - is cringe-inducing don't you think? They are paid a fortune apparently. 

I don't have a problem with actors acting. I do have a problem when they expect me to listen to them pontificating. I don't take seriously every drunk + his uncle down the boozer, either.

As for charitable work, I had assumed, charitably, that they did it for free, with a normal fee being some kind of tax deductible item.    

Edited by Uilleam

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Alexandra Brown

Israel is the only country in the world that systematically prosecutes children in military courts – between 500 and 700 each year. The Israel Prison Service revealed that an average of 204 Palestinian children have been held in custody every month since 2012.
Ill-treatment in the Israeli military detention system remains “widespread, systematic, and institutionalised throughout the process”. These were the conclusions of the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) report ‘Children in Israeli Military Detention Observations and Recommendations‘.
Palestinian children as young as 12 are routinely:
Taken from their homes at gunpoint in night-time raids by soldiers.
Blindfolded, bound and shackled.
Interrogated without a lawyer or relative being present and with no audio-visual recording.
Put into solitary confinement.
Forced to sign confessions (often in Hebrew – a language they do not understand).

Only Palestinian “children”?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Only Palestinian “children”?

Probably any child that is against Israel or does something anti-Israel.

If a fully-armed Englishman came to your house and throws your family out, you would probably just obey and never throw a stone his way?

Perhaps you just want to define the term "child" to suit your line of thought? Legally, it would not matter.

Some children were not fighting. It was just poor timing:

https://www.hrw.org/report/2009/08/13/white-flag-deaths/killings-palestinian-civilians-during-operation-cast-lead

13 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

What a load of rubbish.

People don't care about those things because the mainstream press don't provide sufficient coverage to provoke a reaction.

It's fairly obvious that the same question could be asked to the Israel enthusiasts.  The same obvious answer would apply.

Yes. A lot is being made about China, especially with the Uigurs. If someone gets beyond the propganda screen, like with Soviet gulaks, the story gets rather different. The cencus shows that e.g. the population of Uigurs grew continuously for decades and still does. Genocide does not work this way, if I remember correctly?

Edited by Idisi

Just now, Idisi said:

Yes. A lot is being made about China, especially with the Uigurs. I'd one gets beyond the propganda screen, like with Soviet gulaks, the story gets rather different. The cencus shows that e.g. the population of Uigurs grew continuously for decades and still does. Genocide does not work this way.

Like the Palestinians?

24 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I don't have a problem with actors acting. I do have a problem when they expect me to listen to them pontificating. I don't take seriously every drunk + his uncle down the boozer, either.

As for charitable work, I had assumed, charitably, that they did it for free, with a normal fee being some kind of tax deductible item.    

I had assumed that too, but a Channel 4, I think, documentary seemed to suggest otherwise.

5 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I had assumed that too, but a Channel 4, I think, documentary seemed to suggest otherwise.

When the 'Charities', themselves, are running sex for aid rackets, and paying officials handsomely....why should the thesps miss out?

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Like the Palestinians?

So far, I have not heard a word of massive bombing and killing of Uigur civilians and active resettling-activities. 

But I guess you just want to troll a bit. 

I am still astonished at the mindset of some people on here, who, in this day and age, clearly make some humans (women, elderly, and children) better than others. That is core Nazi values on display. Very disturbing.