Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu tells Gaza residents to “GET OUT NOW”

5 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Just about everything he has said is fantasy.

That won't prevent them from doing it.

He is a Research Fellow in Economics at the University of Oxford, and a former adviser to the UK government.
How much weight he will carry with the next UK government may be open to conjecture, but if I was a betting man....

1 minute ago, Idisi said:

If arguments fail you, drop down a level. A common practise in this and the Ukrainian thread.

You don't know what the legal definition of genocide is. That much is clear.

Despite this, you use the term to create a moral equivalence between what is happening in Gaza and The Holocaust.

I can guess why you do this. 

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

You don't know what the legal definition of genocide is. That much is clear.

Despite this, you use the term to create a moral equivalence between what is happening in Gaza and The Holocaust.

I can guess why you do this. 

Holocaust? Moral equivalence? You see a German talking about war and innocent people being killed and think of this? I see a clear line of thought here.

Genocide is being used by Western media and politics and on this board when it comes to Ukraine quite liberally. Go to Wikipedia (or any other information platform or book of your choice) and read the first paragraph. There you find exactly what is happening in Gaza today. 

1 hour ago, Idisi said:

Holocaust? Moral equivalence? You see a German talking about war and innocent people being killed and think of this? I see a clear line of thought here.

Genocide is being used by Western media and politics and on this board when it comes to Ukraine quite liberally. Go to Wikipedia (or any other information platform or book of your choice) and read the first paragraph. There you find exactly what is happening in Gaza today. 

Go do your research. 

The term 'genocide' is used with careless abandon, both by the ignorant and by those who should know better. I assume that for many of the latter, it isused, deliberately, to draw a moral equivalence between Nazism, and the Jews of Israel. 

It is a fairly precise legal term. 

You might want to look at 'Crimes Against Humanity', too.