Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu tells Gaza residents to “GET OUT NOW”

7 hours ago, Uilleam said:

THE FIRST FIRST LADY OF SCOTLAND SPEAKS

So listen up.

Airbrushed:  Hamas, and its Islamist programme, Hamas massacres, Hamas repression of Gaza, Hamas use of the population as human shields, Hamas's Palestinian death calculus, balancing deaths against adverse publicity for Israel,  Hamas and human rights, Hamas funding from the 9thC theocratic gerontocracy of Iran, Iran's human rights record, the human rights record of Qatar, which funds the Hamas 'administration',  the refusal of other Arab countries, and other Moslem countries, to take in refugees, even temporarily, etc. etc.

Let's not forget the inflaming of antisemitism, and antisemitic behaviour, in this country, by selective and airbrushed  reportage.

And all that is before we consider the 'murky' bed-hopping in Dundee, behaviour which would result in severe punishment, in a number of places, oh, say, Iran, and Gulf states, various, particularly, perhaps only, for the women involved. 

... and that's your attempt at Assisted Thinking?

This is somewhat like the Ukraine-Russia thread, only that the hysteria levels are somewhat higher. All I see from the likes of you and Western media is outrage at every Israeli killed, like their death counts more than those of ten or hundred times more Palestinian children's deaths. And the consequence is NOT to look at it from an "objective" distance, BUT to jump in with one of the culprits and scream foul of the other. And to top it all off, denounce all those not of a similar line of thought. Over in the Ukraine thread, some have reached quite low a level in that respect. But watching people on here asking for more ammunition to plow through the Palestinians is taking this to new depths. As is the constant reminder of Hamas crimes and ignorance of Palestinian deaths.

While every "normal" observer would want to stop the killing on either side, take BOTH (or ALL) culprits to the task and find a solution.

27 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

This is somewhat like the Ukraine-Russia thread, only that the hysteria levels are somewhat higher. All I see from the likes of you and Western media is outrage at every Israeli killed, like their death counts more than those of ten or hundred times more Palestinian children's deaths. And the consequence is NOT to look at it from an "objective" distance, BUT to jump in with one of the culprits and scream foul of the other. And to top it all off, denounce all those not of a similar line of thought. Over in the Ukraine thread, some have reached quite low a level in that respect. But watching people on here asking for more ammunition to plow through the Palestinians is taking this to new depths. As is the constant reminder of Hamas crimes and ignorance of Palestinian deaths.

While every "normal" observer would want to stop the killing on either side, take BOTH (or ALL) culprits to the task and find a solution.

Take the beam from your eye, and apply your argument to the perorations of Humza's wife, which seem, to me, to be totally one sided. I merely point out the lacunae.

Oh, and what aspect of Islamism do you fail to understand?

27 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

the perorations of Humza's wife

She and her husband want to represent Scots by mostly blabbering on about problems overseas, it seems.

If they're not gone after the next GE, we really are in dire straits as a nation.

Edited by Gonzo79

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Can you provide any credible evidence of how many Palestinian children have been killed by Israel, attributed of course? Please don't quote Hamas.

While we are talking numbers, how about this: a senior Israeli security official claims 20,000 Palestinians have been killed, including 12 Hamas commanders. (https://www.ynet.co.il/blogs/gazawar29eve). Now, how many fighters are Hamas supposed to have had? I've heard about 30,000. So, two-thirds of Hamas militants must have been eliminated and therefore mission accomplished. Unless - they are civilians. The latest estimate of Ukrainians killed was 9.600 since the start of the Russo-Ukraine war. So the Israelis have killed more Palestinians in one month than the murderous Russkies managed in over a year. Were the Russians incompetent? Or the Israelis just careless in their collateral damage? 

6 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Were the Russians incompetent? Or the Israelis just careless in their collateral damage? 

There is no comparison. The operations are completely different. Ukraine is a very large country. Gaza is a tiny area of land with a huge population.

Hamas is the government of Gaza.

The first duty of a government is to defend its citizens.

A government cannot defend its citizens by invading a much better armed country.

The deaths of civilians is the result of, on the face of it, utter recklessness except I don’t think Hamas was reckless. It knew exactly what would happen and is achieving the outcome it planned for.

Big money coming to Gaza soon. I wonder who’ll get it.

2 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

There is no comparison. The operations are completely different. Ukraine is a very large country. Gaza is a tiny area of land with a huge population.

Hamas is the government of Gaza.

The first duty of a government is to defend its citizens.

A government cannot defend its citizens by invading a much better armed country.

The deaths of civilians is the result of, on the face of it, utter recklessness except I don’t think Hamas was reckless. It knew exactly what would happen and is achieving the outcome it planned for.

Big money coming to Gaza soon. I wonder who’ll get it.

From whom? You talking about the scramble for the gas?

18 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

two-thirds of Hamas militants must have been eliminated and therefore mission accomplished.

I don't think it is (certainly not from Israel's point of view).  They want to obliterate Hamas.