Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu tells Gaza residents to “GET OUT NOW”

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

I'm more of an agnostic than an atheist (though I think it's just a matter of time before science solves the mystery of creation). I have no brief for ANY form of fundamentalism but I don't think Islam is inherently evil - though it seems to me that you do.

Islamism is a dangerous,mediaeval creed. And you can take it as read that it means what it says.  

3 hours ago, Uilleam said:

I don't think Islam is inherently evil

That's very liberal of you and I've no idea what you mean by evil exactly. However, in my world the expressions of Islam that I can see are certainly within the common definition of evil, which is "profoundly immoral and wicked". Would you like a list of profoundly immoral and wicked things done in the name of Islam?

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

That's very liberal of you and I've no idea what you mean by evil exactly. However, in my world the expressions of Islam that I can see are certainly within the common definition of evil, which is "profoundly immoral and wicked". Would you like a list of profoundly immoral and wicked things done in the name of Islam?

Well you make no distinction between the mainstream and the fundamental variety. I've known many muslims who are horrified at what is done in its name. But religious fundamentalism is a topic for another thread.

3 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Depends which Testament you read.

So - it's feasible, is it not, that a sect of Christianity could arise who based their creed on the OT idea of an 'eye for an eye' and acted on it? Then most Christians would be revolted; that's where I was going with Islam and Islamic fundamentalism.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I think you have replied to the wrong post/poster.

I am not now, have never been, and never will be that person.

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Well you make no distinction between the mainstream and the fundamental variety. I've known many muslims who are horrified at what is done in its name. But religious fundamentalism is a topic for another thread.

I made no mention of Muslims - only you did that. The question was about Islam.

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

I think you have replied to the wrong post/poster.

I am not now, have never been, and never will be that person.

You're right, not sure how I did that. Apologies but you'll know who it was intended for.