Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu tells Gaza residents to “GET OUT NOW”

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

It's just a matter of time before science proves, via the human genome project, that there is no divine being who created the world. Already there are apparently about 200 genes that humans share with bacteria. Then there will be no material need for any religion.

It's beyond credibility that anyone actually thinks the physical world was 'created' by some super-powerful creature. If 'God' exists, it's as a shared concept in the ignorance of the human mind. Science long ago dispelled any other alternative.

On 21/11/2023 at 19:13, Uilleam said:

Take the beam from your eye, and apply your argument to the perorations of Humza's wife, which seem, to me, to be totally one sided. I merely point out the lacunae.

Oh, and what aspect of Islamism do you fail to understand?

Beam? Eye? I merely pointed out that you raced after Mrs. Humzah in your "airbrushed" add-on in the same way as anyone else in the pro-Israel corner. How many of said people have actually thought about how "Islamism" came about and created as much hardcore-followers these last thirty-odd years? Because  these people suddenly developed some kind of overzealous antipathy to anything not Muslim?

I think at the root of Islamism is the inability of an authoritarian religious dogma to adapt to the modern world, where its restrictive regime is increasingly exposed as out of step and regressive. The Islamist response is to lash out at everyone and to express their faith as a political movement. While other faiths generally have little difficulty co-existing in general harmony, Islam by its very nature can't do this, leaving only conflict as an option. Islam is like the maladjusted kid at school who doesn't know how to make friends so ends up unhappy and bullying anyone weak enough to have to put up with it.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

Islam is like the maladjusted kid at school who doesn't know how to make friends so ends up unhappy and bullying anyone weak enough to have to put up with it.

It would be a minor problem if Western governments weren't so keen on:

a) Meddling in the affairs in Islamic countries.

b) Importing people from said countries to the West. 

Unfortunately, it's normal people in the West who have to deal with the fallout.

The longer this goes on, the more Powell's words ring true.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Beam? Eye? I merely pointed out that you raced after Mrs. Humzah in your "airbrushed" add-on in the same way as anyone else in the pro-Israel corner. How many of said people have actually thought about how "Islamism" came about and created as much hardcore-followers these last thirty-odd years? Because  these people suddenly developed some kind of overzealous antipathy to anything not Muslim?

Apply you argument to the perorations of Humza's wife. 

10 hours ago, Bill said:

It's beyond credibility that anyone actually thinks the physical world was 'created' by some super-powerful creature. If 'God' exists, it's as a shared concept in the ignorance of the human mind. Science long ago dispelled any other alternative.

You want to tell that to these fine Marines? Rather you me.

On 20/11/2023 at 11:54, Idisi said:

Holocaust? Moral equivalence? You see a German talking about war and innocent people being killed and think of this? I see a clear line of thought here.

Genocide is being used by Western media and politics and on this board when it comes to Ukraine quite liberally. Go to Wikipedia (or any other information platform or book of your choice) and read the first paragraph. There you find exactly what is happening in Gaza today. 

"German police raided 15 properties in four regions over connections to the militant group Hamas and Samidoun, a pro-Palestinian organization, the interior ministry said Thursday".

I'd keep a low profile in case you get your collar felt. :)