We haven’t recovered from 2012

54 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

You can thank Mr Murray for most of that

Yes but I also blame everyone else for having no response to Murray quitting, even though he gave plenty warning he was going to go. It was as if even as he walked out the door we were still relying on Murray to ensure everything was OK. For so many years the entire club and support had become over-dependent on one man and there was no one capable of stepping forward and stop the slide into chaos.

Edited by Bill

6 hours ago, Bill said:

Yes but I also blame everyone else for having no response to Murray quitting, even though he gave plenty warning he was going to go. It was as if even as he walked out the door we were still relying on Murray to ensure everything was OK. For so many years the entire club and support had become over-dependent on one man and there was no one capable of stepping forward and stop the slide into chaos.

100% - except it wasn't the entire support just the vast majority. 

There are still Rangers fans who'll not hear a bad word said against Mr Moonbeams. 

Edited by CammyF

43 minutes ago, CammyF said:

100% - except it wasn't the entire support just the vast majority. 

There are still Rangers fans who'll not hear a bad word said against Mr Moonbeams. 

I cautioned at the time we were too wedded to Murray and I know you did too. I also saw the absurd reaction that you did when some fans dared to protest against him. That evening shames us all and sometimes it's hard not to think we earned some of the nightmare we were about to go through. Of course, once the barbarians were allowed (invited) through the gates, it was too late to do anything about it. But it didn't have to be like that.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

I cautioned at the time we were too wedded to Murray and I know you did too. I also saw the absurd reaction that you did when some fans dared to protest against him. That evening shames us all and sometimes it's hard not to think we earned some of the nightmare we were about to go through. Of course, once the barbarians were allowed (invited) through the gates, it was too late to do anything about it. But it didn't have to be like that.

That night was the one and only time I questioned whether I should continue to support Rangers. Given what came after that night, that may surprise some. 

To be spat at, threatened, called all sorts was bad enough, but then to hear Murray not only support, but congratulate those who attacked the protesters had we questioning if I wanted to be a Rangers fan. 

Thankfully I saw sense and continued to support our club and whilst it's been hard at times, never regretted it. 

As for your point about earning what came after that dark night, it's hard to disagree with this. 

Edited by CammyF