We haven’t recovered from 2012

A few points to add to the fray of discussion.

Sellik raised serious monies with their fourth share issue. It was this one that attracted the Dermot Desmond types. The fourth issue was a preferential share issue, I believe they continue to pay an annual dividend to this day? The last occasion I saw these shares mentioned in the media was MON's parting gift being a tranche of preferential shares.

Wullie Haughey made a killing out of the M74 extension. When Scottish Labour announced the intension to link the motorway from Calderpark to the M8 at Kingston, the party's biggest donor in Scotland, Wullie Haughey had already bought up large tracks of land on the proposed route. He paid somewhere around £600,000 and received in excess of £11 million in compulsory purchase compensation.

The Dalmarnock streets immediately south of London Road ie Kinnear Road, Buddon Street, Patna Street, Gailes Street, Troon Street, ........ etc were also condemned and demolished 24 years past. The District Council deliberately depopulated the area both north and south of the arterial road thus, the listed London Road Primary School was no longer needed. It was closed 20 years ago and Sellik successfully applied to the Planning Committee to demolish the Edwardian listed building and build a staff car park. Literally, it is, 'the Sellik Way'.

Reference the land, there was a railway line running parallel with the then Sellik car park adjacent to Kerrydale Street. A bridge spanned London Road carrying the line. The pylon line ran parallel with the railway line, there was a pylon in the middle of the car park, allowing the line to dog leg into Barrowfield. I imagine British Rail would have owned that strip of land and bridge? The bridge was demolished, the pylon line re-routed and, the land containinh north of London Road is contained within the Celtic Park footprint.

1 minute ago, 26th of foot said:

The District Council deliberately depopulated the area both north and south of the arterial road thus, the listed London Road Primary School was no longer needed. It was closed 20 years ago and Sellik successfully applied to the Planning Committee to demolish the Edwardian listed building and build a staff car park.

Sounds similar to what their accomplices in victimhood, Liverpool FC, did in order to increase the capacity of their main stand.  

Woe is us, we are so oppressed...now get out of your house, so we can make more money.  

Most of those houses in that Celtic park area could have been upgraded they did it to the exact same type of properties in other parts of Glasgow and now they are moaning the lack of social housing 

54 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

A few points to add to the fray of discussion.

Sellik raised serious monies with their fourth share issue. It was this one that attracted the Dermot Desmond types. The fourth issue was a preferential share issue, I believe they continue to pay an annual dividend to this day? The last occasion I saw these shares mentioned in the media was MON's parting gift being a tranche of preferential shares.

Wullie Haughey made a killing out of the M74 extension. When Scottish Labour announced the intension to link the motorway from Calderpark to the M8 at Kingston, the party's biggest donor in Scotland, Wullie Haughey had already bought up large tracks of land on the proposed route. He paid somewhere around £600,000 and received in excess of £11 million in compulsory purchase compensation.

The Dalmarnock streets immediately south of London Road ie Kinnear Road, Buddon Street, Patna Street, Gailes Street, Troon Street, ........ etc were also condemned and demolished 24 years past. The District Council deliberately depopulated the area both north and south of the arterial road thus, the listed London Road Primary School was no longer needed. It was closed 20 years ago and Sellik successfully applied to the Planning Committee to demolish the Edwardian listed building and build a staff car park. Literally, it is, 'the Sellik Way'.

Reference the land, there was a railway line running parallel with the then Sellik car park adjacent to Kerrydale Street. A bridge spanned London Road carrying the line. The pylon line ran parallel with the railway line, there was a pylon in the middle of the car park, allowing the line to dog leg into Barrowfield. I imagine British Rail would have owned that strip of land and bridge? The bridge was demolished, the pylon line re-routed and, the land containinh north of London Road is contained within the Celtic Park footprint.

Was their fourth share issue not in 2005 which raised £15m to build lennoxtown?

The general public have limited free access online to the Scottish Land Register. Some information is available, unfortunately not owners’ identities.

The Register shows that the area posted by @Bluedell above is the actual football ground. (I decline to say stadium) The last registered transaction was on 4 August, 2004 value £1,000 (ONE THOUSAND) Some administrative juggling I imagine. Interestingly the ground immediately in front, apparently including a small bit of the actual building itself, is not on the Register but it’s ownership is probably on the old recording system to which there is no free access. The map helpfully labels the area as “Statues”.

To the south of the ground is a property just described as “London Road” without a number, last transaction 30 April 2014, value £359,772. Could be one of Haughey’s.

There are several parcels of land mostly on the south-east, all described as “Janefield Street”.  Dalriada Street is one of them. Not all of them are contiguous. One bit of ground is on the on the north-west of the football ground but all are on the same registration, last transaction 6 April 2009, value £519,475. I guess these are the bits of land bought by Haughey mentioned above by Bd and @26th of foot

I am curious to know the names of the registered owners but not curious enough to pay.