Phillippe Clement RTV interview

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

I have often spoke my mind on this subject but I've gave up trying to convert the natives to basic English. I've went the extra mile but I've came to the conclusion there's no helping these poor people. They've wrote and they've spoke this way for so long that I've grew weary trying and failing. I have now fell into despond and I've took to ignoring it.

I hate the faux mixture of English and Scots. Either speak one or the other. I'm bi-lingual. The past participle in Scots is used differently but I hate this hybrid.

12 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I hate the faux mixture of English and Scots. Either speak one or the other. I'm bi-lingual. The past participle in Scots is used differently but I hate this hybrid.

It has nothing to do with the difference between English or Scots (whatever that is). I see it now creeping into speech south of the border too. It's really just part of our poor education system and lazy speech.

Edited by Bill

I keep thinking that we'll win the LC, the squad will be rejuvenated after it and we'll really motor in the games up to and in the post split.

Does anyone have any knowledge on automatisms?

From what I can gather it's coaching within in-game scenarios in training - so with in and out of possession and in defensive and attacking transition so that on a matchday it becomes natural and without second thought.

The definition of automatism when searched on my phone is "the performance of actions without conscious thought or intention."

Looks like he's going to really drill into the players nature - pretty interesting. It's why I'm hoping we'll be firing on all cylinders after the winter break.

15 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I keep thinking that we'll win the LC, the squad will be rejuvenated after it and we'll really motor in the games up to and in the post split.

Does anyone have any knowledge on automatisms?

From what I can gather it's coaching within in-game scenarios in training - so with in and out of possession and in defensive and attacking transition so that on a matchday it becomes natural and without second thought.

The definition of automatism when searched on my phone is "the performance of actions without conscious thought or intention."

Looks like he's going to really drill into the players nature - pretty interesting. It's why I'm hoping we'll be firing on all cylinders after the winter break.

Just watch Brighton play out from the back. They wait for the opponent to press, then A-B-C-D. It's pre-conceived passing routines. 

Conte has a few automatisms, too, but in a different way. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Just watch Brighton play out from the back. They wait for the opponent to press, then A-B-C-D. It's pre-conceived passing routines. 

Conte has a few automatisms, too, but in a different way. 

Kind of scary that we didn't have that.

1 minute ago, yuddie said:

Kind of scary that we didn't have that.

Absolutely. 

It almost suits 'lesser' players, so to speak, so you take the thinking out of it. 

We've just not had that type of manager, unfortunately. 

Most elite sides use automatisms now.