Ronaldo stiched him up. All is fair in love and war as they say. I think Ronaldo would be wise to leave England now though. If he dosn't i can't wait for his first game to see the reaction. Although some idiot could take other actions off the park.

Ronaldo shrugs off boo boys

PORTUGAL'S Cristiano Ronaldo said he was not bothered at being booed throughout the World Cup semi-final defeat by France today (AEST).

The Manchester United winger's every touch of the ball was greeted with a loud chorus of jeers at the Allianz Arena during France's 1-0 victory.

They appeared to come from a group of neutral fans in the crowd, and followed suggestions that he encouraged the referee to send off England striker Wayne Rooney during their quarter-final.

"I'm not bothered," said Ronaldo.

"It doesn't worry me. I'm just here to do my job and try and help the team."

Portugal's surprise progress to the semi-finals has been marked by allegations of gamesmanship and diving, with Ronaldo one of the main offenders.

Although his ability to run at defenders can lift the crowd, his tendency to fall over at the slightest touch does little to enhance his reputation.

He went down theatrically on at least two occasions today, claiming a penalty as Portugal ran out of ideas.

In the first half, a cross came from the right and Ronaldo was seen to fly to the ground, prompting the entire Portugal bench to run onto the touchline and remonstrate with the referee.

He tried again in the second half, but this time his effort was so theatrical that not even Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari could be bothered to protest.

Neither fall impressed Uruguay referee Jorge Larrionda.

Ronaldo said he did not consider the refereeing to be even.

"I don't think the referee was fair, there were a lot of fouls which deserved a yellow card which he didn't give," he said.

"But I don't want to enter into this."