Rangers International Football Club PLC annual report and AGM

23 hours ago, Bluedell said:

We qualified for the Champions League and made a £23.6m profit on player trading and still managed to make a loss before tax of £3.1......

.....the next few years could be problematic if we can't maintain a £10m+ player trading profit.

We have tended to go through money faster than our ability to create it for a long time.

Plugging the gap has long been the challenge. From bringing in investors, the infamous EBT's, to structured (financed by board members) losses.

Short to medium term solutions that can create their own problems and never solve the problem. To be fair, the structured losses strategy post 2015 made sense and was financed by mainly very generous Bears.... But the problem was always going to be weaning ourselves off the need for extra cash.

To bring in an effective and consistent player trading model is one thing but to do it when the club requires instant success is quite a different level of challenge. Especially when the potential cream tends to be taken before they are finished school.

Looks a complicated financial panorama but at least we seem to have a real manager.

9 hours ago, buster. said:

To bring in an effective and consistent player trading model is one thing but to do it when the club requires instant success is quite a different level of challenge. Especially when the potential cream tends to be taken before they are finished school.

That will continue to be a significant problem unless we find a way to introduce young players to the 1st team on a consistent basis. If we can’t demonstrate worth then we’ll never command the price we need. It’s also the only way to achieve any kind of conveyor belt of player sales. It’s a hard ask and impossible without an intelligent football operation that understands the essential nature of player development and trading. 

On 16/11/2023 at 08:35, JohnMc said:

Butland, Cantwell, Raskin, Goldson, Danilo, Soutar and Davies all have a value just now from a few million up to around £8 or £9 million depending on how desperate the English club side are who want to buy them. There's also the outside possibility that Matondo, McCausland and Rice could be worth something by the end of the season too. 

All things considered I think these are disappointing annual figures. 

Geniune question, if Hagi has a good season in La Liga would you try and push for 8 figures in the summer?

I don't buy the revisionism with him and think he's a good opportunity to make a good sale. Coming into his prime years, international, big name etc.

Some Tim replied to a tweet of mine laughing when I said we should, I've half a mind that he couldn't grasp how many digits that is right enough.

Edited by yuddie

Clement will be familiar with Hagi from his time in Belgium and may already have an opinion on him. Hagi has ability, that's clear for everyone to see, but I suspect if a side make us a decent offer for him we'll take it. It might be that a more technical league, like Spain, suits him more. What we'd accept for him is another matter, breaking even might be as good as it gets. 

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

This is true for every player on our books, or it should be. 

Yeah, probably. Although I suspect there are some players we'd hold out for a really big offer for as we'd rather not lose them at this stage, and others we'd let go more easily.