Rangers International Football Club PLC annual report and AGM

20 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Was in the main hall in Edmiston House the other day thought it smaller than I expected it , think it may struggle to accommodate all those who attend AGM's.

I think they can adjust the seating type and layout based on each event but it will be standing room only for the AGM.

On the face of it, there may not be as much interest as recent years so numbers could be down slightly anyway but I, for one, would respectfully suggest these mediocre figures need to be discussed diligently. 

On 29/11/2023 at 12:40, forlanssister said:

Was in the main hall in Edmiston House the other day thought it smaller than I expected it , think it may struggle to accommodate all those who attend AGM's.

I have attended the last two AGMs, both were hosted in the Clyde Auditorium(the Armadillo). The Clyde Auditorium's seated capacity is in excess of 2,000. Both AGMs were well attended, each had attendances of several hundred. I believe Edmiston House has a standing capacity of several hundred, seated will be considerably lower. Parking will also be a problem.

I understand the club wanting to utilise the facility; however, both elderly and infirm Rangers supporters must be recognised and standing for in excess of an hour is unacceptable. 

On 21/11/2023 at 16:56, yuddie said:

Runs to May 2026 - so 2 1/2 years.

That's why I think if he does well in la liga, we push for 10m or as close to.

While we need the money, we also need better players and Hagi fits the bill without any outlay on fees.. We can think about selling him in the summer of 2025.

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I have attended the last two AGMs, both were hosted in the Clyde Auditorium(the Armadillo). The Clyde Auditorium's seated capacity is in excess of 2,000. Both AGMs were well attended, each had attendances of several hundred. I believe Edmiston House has a standing capacity of several hundred, seated will be considerably lower. Parking will also be a problem.

I understand the club wanting to utilise the facility; however, both elderly and infirm Rangers supporters must be recognised and standing for in excess of an hour is unacceptable. 

I'd have thought Edmiston House could take "several hundred" seated, depending on how many. 400-500 shouldn't be a problem. 

They could limit the parking around the stadium/NEH to blue badge holders and open the Albion to everyone else.

I think that they should be able to make it work. 

I agree that standing at the AGM is unacceptable.

37 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

If/when Clement brings Hagi back he will be our most skillful player by a fair margin, why the rush to sell him ? Our club is loaded with duds, why not sell them ?

Because we'd make a loss on them?

Sell them too I say, but if we're serious about the trading model though we should be looking to sell Hagi if not this summer then next because we could make a profit on him.

We've got a bird in the hand with Lowry at Hearts as well as 2 competent number 10's in Lawrence and Cantwell (if he ever gets played there), selling Hagi will not only be good business by the club but losing him would not be detrimental to the side (imo).

If this was last season for instance and Hagi was doing what he is with Romania and in la liga and Tillman was on loan with us, I would 100% be selling Hagi to make Tillman permanent.

All hypothetical bollocks though.

Edited by yuddie