Gersnet Rangers All-time XI | Day 4: Right-back

I only properly recall Eck onwards so for me it's either Hutton or Tav...

I think we downplay what James Tavernier has done with us tbh, any other era of Scottish football other than Rangers post 2012 and I'm convinced he would have been capped for England whilst with us.

The trophy haul doesn't match his talent but he's playing 11 a side remember. Even if he can be infuriating.

I'm voting Tav, I'll happily accept any fume coming my way.

7 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Well worth the mention if only for that momentous strike but not coming near Jardine’s class. I’d have Shearer, Little and Stevens ahead of Kai.

Aye but he was such a nice person as well 

Strange that some feel unable to vote for players they didn't see play live. I see nothing in the terms of this topic to say that should be some sort of limitation. Don't people watch videos any more? And will Jim Baxter, possibly one of only three really world class Rangers players since the war, be denied because someone couldn't be arsed checking why he gained his reputation?

Some of the proposals so far are patently ridiculous to any Rangers supporter who's been around for longer than Greta Thunberg.

Edited by Bill

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

Strange that some feel unable to vote for players they didn't see play live. I see nothing in the terms of this topic to say that should be some sort of limitation. Don't people watch videos any more? And will Jim Baxter, possibly one of only three really world class Rangers players since the war, be denied because someone couldn't be arsed checking why he gained his reputation?

Some of the proposals so far are patently ridiculous to any Rangers supporter who's been around for longer than Greta Thunberg.

Personally, I just prefer to vote for players I saw play. I have watched videos, DVDs and listened to elder Bears tell me of all our great players. 

I made Eric Caldow an exception as I met him and he always took time to talk to me about Rangers (whilst both of us were supposed to be working). This was during the mid-80s when we were terrible but he would tell me to stick with The Rangers and things would change. 

Anyway, it's just a bit of fun.

Edited by CammyF

51 minutes ago, Bill said:

"I almost chose Ritchie too but decided I probably didn't actually see enough of him to make a proper decision."

- Bill, Tuesday, 20:37

52 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

"I almost chose Ritchie too but decided I probably didn't actually see enough of him to make a proper decision."

- Bill, Tuesday, 20:37

Touché. However I DID see Billy Ritchie and would have voted for him if not for Goram. I certainly would have chosen Ritchie over most keepers this century. So perhaps I overstated my doubts. 

Edited by Bill