i think this game will take over from the biggest game of the tourn so far.

this is bound to be a match that will be forever remembered in the minds of those who watch it.

but, whether it`ll be for the right reasons, or wrong reasons remains to be seen.

these two countrys always seem to have epic battles but germany will be hoping not for a repeat of the scoreline which took place just about a month ago in a friendly where they were thrashed by italy 3-0.

can`t see that happeneing this time though and with germany playing in dortmund where they `never lose` it adds to the spice of the game.

it`s a close one to call imo.

germany are firing on all cylinders up front and in midfield right now. miroslav klose is probably going to end up as the tournes top goalscorer and i fancy him to get another here.

podolski and him make a good partnership and a promising one for the future which looks rather daunting!

germnays midfiled looks almost impregnable. but with frings missing out the embattled i-ties may edge it here.

germanys defence has really only had one bad game. the first game they conceded two goals but have only conceded 1 since(to argentina), so it hasn`t been all that bad as some media would have you beleive.

lehman is performing like a man possessed the now and i fancy him to be the star of the show again.

italy despite being allegedly so down hearted because of all the bribary scandal have scraped through to this round, which has been unbelievable really.

they have gotten slightly better but are still a bit of a mess tactically, although improving slowly.

gattuso will be there star man, but he has to watch he`s not booked again in this game or he`ll miss the final(cue gazzas tears). this may alter his mindset for the game and he may not be as affective.

for me the italian forwards just have not ignited yet, but maybe this could be the game to do it in!

i`m hoping for a high scoring classic, but i actually expect a 1-0 slugfest!

prediction...

germany...1 italy....0 a.e.t

It was 4-1 Italy when they met earlier this year Colshy ;)

There has been a bit of banter between the 2 with the Germans having a go at the Italians so they will be fired up. Its a tough one to call and probably as tough a game in the hole tournament to call a winner.

Id like to see a classic with one winning it in normal play rather than penalties, coz if a team goes through a few times on pens they arent convincing world champs.

I back Germany to win the WC but have a sneaky feeling for Italy tonight

Germany 1-2 Italy

I'll have to go for Germany aswell. I just cannot stand the thought of Italy in the final. Not because I hate them, I just find them boring and annoying.

Germany v France surely in the final.

Gutteed Im gonna miss the two games but at least off for the final I guess

Are you still working on the 2 semis Jon? :D:P

I'm going for Italy, I think they've looked solid at the back but the Germans keep surprising me at how good they're getting.

Fabio Cannavaro has been my player of the tournament, he's been absolutely awesome in EVERY game and I think he'll mark either Klose or Podolski out of the game.

1-0 Italy.