Fantastic game - it appears if you ignore the FIFA head honcho's you can actually referee a game correctly.

Well done Ref, Well done Italy - my dark horses. Italy France final - Italy to win 3-1.

And that folks is why Football is the greatest game on earth!

Unbelievable stuff, the first half was unreal to watch and the hole 120 mins was the fastest ever.

What an end and im being honest I felt Italy would go through (see first post in thread). The pass from Pirlo for the first goal was awesome then the finish was superb. Then the Germans head upfield and you get the feeling they will nick a draw then the italians break with Totti who finds Del Piero to stick a delightful curler past Lehmann.

I had Rodney Marsh doing the sub commantating and have to say he was an enjoy to listen to. When Italy scored and he saw the reply he shouted out "Are you kidding me, what a goal" it was hilarious!

Those of had Germany on to win on pens must of been sick :D I had them on to win the WC but am not bothered about it coz Italy were superb.

I'll be backing them to win the final. BTW they get to the final every 12 years:

;)

Great game of football, i hope the last two are like this one. The Ref had chances to start flashing the card early but he kept his head and had a great game, bar a few dodgy Germany free kick decisions (i thought anyway).

Great game of football, i hope the last two are like this one. The Ref had chances to start flashing the card early but he kept his head and had a great game, bar a few dodgy Germany free kick decisions (i thought anyway).

Dont want to tempt fate but semi finals are always better than finals as teams are far less cautious.

Agree the ref had a great game and derserves credit

You are far too funny Colshy !!

You say....

well, i shouldn`t quote myself, but....

Originally Posted by colshy18

anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that italy are creeping through this tournament?

:cool:

Yet in the very first post on this thread you say "germany 1.... Italy 0....aet"

And later in the thread you say you wish you had put a tenner on Germany to win on pens.

If you bet on both horses in a 2 horse race it is going to be pretty difficult to be wrong !!

So who is it to win today Colsh ? France in 90 minutes AND Portugal aet ?

LOL, just having a laugh with you my man.

My £10 I put on Italy winning the tournament is still on.

I thought Pirlo hung off to long with the pass to Grosso but it was amazing to say the least and what about Del Pieros goal and setup by Gilardino? Superb!

Let's hope France and boring Portugal can put on a similair performance.

My �£10 I put on Italy winning the tournament is still on.

I thought Pirlo hung off to long with the pass to Grosso but it was amazing to say the least and what about Del Pieros goal and setup by Gilardino? Superb!

Let's hope France and boring Portugal can put on a similair performance.

I thought the same thing about the Pirlo pass Gav - thought he held on to it far too long, shows how much we know !

BOTH goals were sublime and worthy of winning any game.

You are far too funny Colshy !!

You say....

Yet in the very first post on this thread you say "germany 1.... Italy 0....aet"

And later in the thread you say you wish you had put a tenner on Germany to win on pens.

If you bet on both horses in a 2 horse race it is going to be pretty difficult to be wrong !!

So who is it to win today Colsh ? France in 90 minutes AND Portugal aet ?

LOL, just having a laugh with you my man.

yeah so but i still said italy are creeping through this. did you??:admin: :thup:

yeah so but i still said italy are creeping through this. did you??:admin: :thup:

No but I also didn't say Germany would beat Italy. So really what you are saying is that as long as you mention one team (no matter how many others you mention) then all is good ?

Man, wish I had said before the WC started that I felt that Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany, England, Spain, France, Portugal (Ronaldo.....), Ghana etc etc (through all 32 teams) were going to "creep their way through the tournament" - then I could be sitting here just now saying "told you so".

You can't have your cake and eat it too Colsh (to quote Gav's 9 reasons to hate people thing) ;):P

No but I also didn't say Germany would beat Italy. So really what you are saying is that as long as you mention one team (no matter how many others you mention) then all is good ?

Man, wish I had said before the WC started that I felt that Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany, England, Spain, France, Portugal (Ronaldo.....), Ghana etc etc (through all 32 teams) were going to "creep their way through the tournament" - then I could be sitting here just now saying "told you so".

You can't have your cake and eat it too Colsh (to quote Gav's 9 reasons to hate people thing) ;):P

i can.

i feel much better after publicly stating italy can win this:D