The new trend of ripping socks

As much as i dislike when footballers rip their socks, i would actually be fascinated to know how many players have said ripping there socks does make a difference and if they had previous injuries due to tightness of the socks 🤣 , Jude Bellingham does it Matondo did it today Tav has done it a few times. Think the next sock company is in for high profits surely they should be working with players to determine this and help them out in the long term? How many players have we had taken off with calf injuries pulled muscle etc? 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sports/soccer/explained-how-jude-bellingham-is-breaking-la-liga-rules-in-every-real-madrid-appearance--why-he-is-getting-away-with-it/ar-AA1mmcDh?ocid=sapphireappshare

apologies article isn’t there but Jude was basically allowed to rip his socks each game despite the fact the La liga rules saying otherwise. 

Edited by Fa1833

I have never played soccer but i did suffer from military ops connected compartment syndrome in my right leg years ago. 

Till this day if I wear anything remotely restrictive while engaged in physical activity my lower leg hurts. 

Not saying these guys all suffer from it but getting the shit kicked out of your lower legs for years on a weekly basis cant be good for proper blood flow. 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15315-compartment-syndrome

Posted (edited)

I have to agree also being a ex Forces man myself ( 5 Scots/Argylls)  with tight socks especially whilst going for long T.A.B’s in my younger days I have some ankle problems ,thanks for your comment certainly helps make a valid point in ripping holes into socks especially if you have had a injury before hand to elevate some of the pressure . Let’s hope someone decides to make a pair of socks that helps relieve the pressure but also gives the person the right support in certain areas and reduces injuries  . 🤜🏼♥️🤍💙

Edited by Fa1833

Its a bit odd, as i understand the compression of the sock at the back of the calf helps prevent muscle fatigue and thus cutting it to release the compression would stop that?

Also i think they all wear 'grip socks' under their football socks which are bascially just tubes as they cut the feet off them (to complicate matters more)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

A passing fashion, I expect, like the things rugby players used to wear on their hooters.

Would be interesting to find out if it actually does prevent injury though? I’ve seen more and more players doing it since I’ve noticed it, it’s like wheres Wally every time I watch a game of football but  with the ripping of socks  🤣🤣♥️🤍💙

Edited by Fa1833

45 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Its a bit odd, as i understand the compression of the sock at the back of the calf helps prevent muscle fatigue and thus cutting it to release the compression would stop that?

Also i think they all wear 'grip socks' under their football socks which are bascially just tubes as they cut the feet off them (to complicate matters more)

So do you think those who do that are adding more pressure to their joints on a more regular occurrence and maybe even damaging themselves like when Todd had that bandage on his leg for quite a while during the Beale era? What’s Kemars injury?  it does makes you wonder even more if it’s the tubes or the socks or whatever  it is being taped up leg wise, I don’t know but  is it maybe like when you go  for a long walk and you tie your laces tight after a mile you  feel the pain on the old shins.

38 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

So do you think those who do that are adding more pressure to their joints on a more regular occurrence and maybe even damaging themselves like when Todd had that bandage on his leg for quite a while during the Beale era? What’s Kemars injury?  it does makes you wonder even more if it’s the tubes or the socks or whatever  it is being taped up leg wise, I don’t know but  is it maybe like when you go  for a long walk and you tie your laces tight after a mile you  feel the pain on the old shins.

I think the grip socks help prevent blisters and ankle rolling. Still not sure why they cut the feet off the football tube socks and then overlay them and cut the holes at the calves. Must be to stop them slipping and moving about.

17 hours ago, compo said:

I’ve ripped a few pairs of knickers in my time but SOCKS you must be stark raving mad to tear a good pair of socks.

That's easy to say when the knickers aren't yours....

.....Oh, sorry, have I misgendered you?